Sky

Taehyung... I almost miss him...

Three months had passed since Yoongi and I stopped him from committing.

After two months of being with us, he declared that he was going to face the world alone.

He also said that he wouldn't try to kill himself, that he had moved on.

I was happy, but something inside me told me the he was lying.

You can't 'get over' killing your stepdad.

I never saw him again.

---------------------------------------------------------

The night sky, brightened by the moonlight, reflected off of Yoongi's skin. I wanted to reach out and touch his face, but that would risk waking him.

The urge to stroke his chiseled face was overwhelming, and I couldn't help but lightly brush my finger against his jawbone.

At my touch, a small groan escaped his lips, and my hand came away from his face. The sudden noise had made me jump, thinking that he was waking up. Despite my thoughts, he continued sleeping, snuggled beside me.

My courage grew, and I poked him softly. This time, his hand, which had previously been situated on my waist, moved, as he shifted his body away from me.

I was fascinated by his face. The moon made him glow. So mesmerised, in fact, that when his voice sounded, I genuinely thought I was going to die.

"Y/N." his eyes fluttered open, allowing me to see his shining orbs, "That is my face."

I blushed slightly, my hand returning to my side as I sheepishly looked away from him.

"I... The moon, it made you glow." I explained, trying to put the reasons for my actions into words.

"Mhm."

"And it made your face look more... Pokable?"

"More what?"

"You know... More... Appealing to... Poke.."

He laughed at me, and his laugh echoed in my head. I giggled at my stupidity, a blush spreading across my face.

"Are you cold?"  he asked, and I looked up at him. The sleeping bag, once used every night by him, had long since been ditched after we started using eachother for warmth.

Which was a stupid move.

I nodded meekly, and he motioned for me to come closer.

I shuffled towards him, feeling his warm body temperature as he wrapped his arms around me.

My head was in the crook of his neck, his hand stroking my hair. I felt safe, but something was lingering on my mind.

"Yoongi..."

"Yes?"

"Do you... Do think Taehyung's OK?"

"Well... There's no way to know. The way he just decided to leave... My guess is that he was fed up with trying to redeem himself, and wanted out."

I nodded, my thoughts glued to Taehyung's smile.

While rare during the brief time he'd been with us, Taehyung had smiled one or twice. And when he did, it was heavenly.

He would make the most innocent box smile, and, to a stranger, that would make him impeachable. You would never suspect him for hurting someone, let alone killing them.

Stars some bright in the sky, and I turned to look at them. The lack of light meant hundreds of thousands of little white does sparkled high in the heavens, and they opened a new world for me.

Yoongi, when I looked back at him, was sleeping once more. His grip on my waist had lessened a bit, but I snuggled deeper into his embrace, relishing in his warmth.

As the sweetness of sleep took me, I found myself kissing Yoongi on the forehead. It felt natural, and my last thought of the night was of when he and I had kissed.

"Goodnight, Yoongi. I love you."

I settled down, letting the dark void take me.

It was as I lost consciousness that I heard him. He hadn't been sleeping, but by the time I'd woken up I had forgotten his reply.

"I love you too."