Hateful Friendship

He stared at me while I realised who the fuck he was, and then smirked slightly.

"You? In the same situation as me?" he asked sarcastically, "Don't test my patience, sweetie. I know you're lying."

Huh? How can he be so sure? I thought, confused.

"And how can you know that?" I asked, getting an answer quickly.

"Because you, unlike me, have a family. And having a family means you're pretty much well-off in my opinion."

I snorted. I may have had a family to go back to, but I certainly wasn't well-off.

"Well then, honey, you got that wrong. I may be part of a family. But they aren't your happy families kinda thing," he looked at me, "I mean, the only reason I'm out here is because I just walked in on my mum fucking some male prostitute while my dad's at work."

His eyes widened.

"Is that what having a family's like? I always thought it would've been nice..."

"Look, not all families are like mine. I'm just lucky enough to get a bad one."

He nodded, the sass he recently had almost completely gone. Looking at him, he looked like a five year old when they ask where babies come from, all curious and unknowing.

He ended up going back to that slightly cold personality of his rather quickly. But the fact that I got to see him as innocent as that made me feel like I deserved a fucking trophy.

We walked a bit, just talking. Turned out he had a shitty story to tell. His dad died before he was born, which made his mum depressed, and she died giving birth to him because she had been neglecting herself. So he'd practically been put up for sale, skipping through care homes and schools like he was playing a game of hopscotch.

No friends, no parents, no relatives that would take him. Pretty bad.

Then came my turn. It was then that I realised I'd never told him my name. So that's what I started with.

"Well, my name's Y/N L/N, and my parents abandoned me as a kid. I was left in a box outside a care home and given away to the first family that would take me. Sadly, I'm still with said family."

"My adoptive father signed a contract stating I would have a sister. But that was a lie. He also said he had a paying job and a big house. Big lies. The only thing he had that was worth any big money was me. He got money for my education but kept it for himself."

At this, Yoongi stared straight ahead, eyes fixed on the pavement. He was thinking. But I continued.

"My mum wasn't much better. I grew up with hundreds of 'uncles' - and a few 'aunties' too. She was always bringing people home when my 'dad' was out. And I didn't say a word. I was too scared."

"And now, I'm here. I've thought about doing a runner, but I'm too much of a pussy to do it alone. The world's a big place, and, you never know, you might just be burying yourself by trying to face it alone."

"Is this your way of asking me to 'run away with you'?" he asked, and mocking grin on his face.

"No! I just poured my heart and soul into telling you something I've never told anyone, and that's your response?! What the actual fuck is wrong with you?!" I said, snapping quickly because of the emotions I'd just let out.

He had something wrong with him. So, despite what I'd thought earlier, I was definitely not running away with this runaway idiot. No fucking way.

I think.