Travelling

Days went by, and we grew further from my house. I was glad, but my back was playing up and made it hard to sleep. That left me with more time to think, which usually left me in a depressed state since all I could think about was my mum's phonecall.

Why would she lie to me?

I was confused about everything and angry at her, but had nothing to take my mind off of it. It probably wasn't good for my back. All the stress just made it harder and harder to sleep, which amounted to more stress. It was a seemingly never ending cycle.

I didn't know that all I needed to do was tell Yoongi.

For two months, I wasn't sleeping right. Yes, Yoongi realised, and gave me the sleeping bag, thinking it would help. After three nights, I gave it back.

Then, one night, Yoongi started a conversation that changed it all.

"So, Y/N, are you... Ya know... Alright?"

"I'm fine." I said, trying to get him to drop it.

"No you're not. You look like a mess compared to the girl that helped me on two occasions, changing my life for the better. You can tell me what's up... Unless you don't trust me anymore..."

I looked at him, and he was looking at the ground. One of my hands started unconsciously squeezing his hand, and when I noticed, I didn't let go.

"Yoongi... Of course I trust you... You've done nothing wrong... It's just.. I don't trust myself. All this time, and I'm still worrying about that goddam phonecall. I just... I'm stressed.."

He looked up, hope bright in his normally dark eyes.

It was his turn to squeeze my hand.

"You trust me, right?"

"Yes! Didn't I just say that?"

"Just... If I trust you, and you trust me, then surely you should trust yourself."

"That makes no sense."

"Ah... It's hard to explain... You should be sure that the people I choose to trust are trustworthy. Because you trust me. And, guess what, I trust you. So you need to trust yourself, in order to trust me. Does that make sense?"

"Uuh... Yeah. I think I get what you're saying."

It was then I looked down at our hands, tightly clasped together. Yoongi followed my eyes and immediately pulled his hand away, suddenly extremely interested by a wall to our left. I laughed at his reaction, before settling down and trying to get some rest.

I did sleep. It was the best night's rest I'd had in ages.

I slept a big closer to Yoongi than normal, since I'd just lied down after talking, so when I woke up be was right there.

During our sleep, we had clearly gotten closer. That was obvious, since he was hugging me. Until I realised, I was calm, thankful for the warmth. And then I opened my eyes to see Yoongi, right there.

Squirming, I tried to get up without waking him.

That failed.

"Huh?" his eyes fluttered open, and I was greeted by those mysterious orbs, just centimetres away from mine.

"Aah! Oh fuck... Sorry! I honestly did not hug you consciously!" he screamed, leaping away like a cat.

"Hey.. It's fine. I trust you, doofus."

"Wai- doofus? What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well, yesterday, we did have a nice conversation about how we trusted eachother, so it's clear that I trust you wouldn't do anything."

He blushed slightly, the red glow spreading across his cheeks. I laughed, before reaching my hand out to him.

"So, Yoongi, where to next? You're a veteran in this business; I'm still new. So take me places I'll never forget."

He took my hand, a grin on his face.

"Of course. Because, what are friends for?"