Chapter 5: On the hunt

En başından başla

From within the vampires body, the stake Kai was holding onto burst into thousands of tiny splinters, piercing organs and other important body parts, leading to an almost immediate yet painful death. In the mean time, the other vampire was now on his back with his pants down to his ankles, thrusting into an imaginary naked woman. "Disgusting" was the thought Kai had after seeing this. He walked over to the writhing pile of repressed libido.

[Kai] "<burn>"

An ember of flame appeared by the vampires genitalia before growing in size and lighting the small, grotesque thing on fire. The first look on the creatures face was pleasure, then a dawning curiosity, panic and finally pain.

[Kai] "<Strengthen>"

Kai put extra force into his leg as he raised it up above the creature of the night and stomped down on the monsters face, caving in both it and the ground beneath it, creating an unrecognisable mess of stone, blood, brain matter and skull shards.

[Kai] "ah, I wasn't thinking right. Now I need new shoes. Though these aren't exactly designer."

The burlap clothing and foot coverings he wore were now effectively covered in the remains of the three he had murdered in this room. After thinking for a bit and looking over to the two dead vampires, he nodded to himself assertively.

[Kai] "well you won't be needing these anymore."

After grabbing the non-ruined upper body clothing from the vampire whose head he'd smashed in and the pants from the one he'd destroyed the insides of, putting them on, Kai gave one final look towards the scene, almost reminiscing the events that unfolded moments ago as a small smile pursed his lips.

- Kai's Pov

[Kai] "<Disguise>"

A polished vase just outside the room allowed me to check the results of my spell. It worked. My eyes were no longer the dull, lifeless grey but a crimson, vampiric red. This way, other vampires shouldn't think twice about me walking around and searching. Hopefully they'll disregard me as just another one of them searching for the escaped prisoners.

Alright, that guy said it was around here...
Ah, this should be it.

After walking down the hall and up a stair case, a door with a metal plaque on it with the words Lucile Verona Feyren stood in front of me. None of these other doors had a name on them so I'll just assume that this is the right one.

*creak*

Opening the door, my eyes were filled with a surprising sight. Sitting on a large red bed with opened black drapes, in a room decorated the same way you would expect of a conservative yet delicate princess with stuffed animals neatly all around the place, a tea set in the open space sitting on a table made for two, is a young girl with long, flowing silver hair and bright golden eyes. This must be the lords daughter by the words on the plaque.

[Kai] "miss Feyren"
[Lucile] "eh? Ah, y-yes?"

A stutter? She's scared? Nervous? Hmm. No, ignore it. She's just another one of these creatures and would just as quickly drink my blood. I need that information.

[Kai] "I am terribly sorry to intrude but I am looking for the office of Lors."
[Lucile] "hm? It's next to the library..."
[Kai] "ah, my apologies, I should have been more precise with my question. Would you be so kind as to give me directions towards the library?"
[Lucile] "y-you don't know?"

Shit, she's getting suspicious. Should I just kill her now? No, killing the lords daughter right now would bring unwanted attention towards myself. I can do this, calm down. I took a deep breath and continued to lie through my teeth.

[Kai] "I'm new here unfortunately."
[Lucile] "o-oh, a thrall?"
[Kai] "indeed. My master asked me to inform Sir Lors of a certain situation that requires his attention."
[Lucile] "oh, o-okay then. If-if I may, how did you know who I was if you're new?"

Suspicious girl isn't she. Oh well, it's actually kind of nice to meet someone as distrustful as myself, so much so that I unintentionally let a surprisingly warm smile creep onto my face.

[Kai] "it is on the plaque on your door miss Feyren."

A look of surprise then embarrassment appeared on her quickly reddening face as she looked away from me.

[Lucile] "r-right.. um, the library is... on the next floor up in a room l-labeled library. Lors room is r-right next to it on the left."
[Kai] "my deepest gratitude miss Feyren."
[Lucile] "o-oh! Um.."

She stopped me as I was leaving the room. I guess I'll play along for a little longer.

[Kai] "yes milady?"

Her face went slightly red again before she calmed herself down and continued.

[Lucile] "th-there were two things I wanted t-to know."
[Kai] "ask, and I shall answer if I can."
[Lucile] "um, w-who is your master? A-and what's your name?"
[Kai] "apologies, but my masters name is not something I have been granted the knowledge of."
[Lucile] "o-oh..."
[Kai] "though my name on the other hand, is Kai. A pleasure to truly make your acquaintance."

The fact that I was willing to share that information made her cheer up after being dejected at the fact I couldn't tell her my masters name. I couldn't exactly say a random name to someone who may very well know every person in this place. Not exactly a risk I'm willing to take.

[Lucile] "I-it was a pleasure meeting you as well Kai."

I gave one last warm (fake) smile and left the room to go and have a little "chat" with the next target on my list.

- Lucile's pov

I-I did it. I actually managed to speak to someone. I think it helped that he looked the same age as me even if it differs in reality. I hope I can meet him again. This feeling... I think I'd like to be friends with him.