24- Goodbye

"Taeyeon-a, Ms Sienna wants to talk to you."Sehun knocked on her door before letting himself into her room. "She is on video call."

"Thanks."Taeyeon reached over to grab the iPad from him.

"Welcome."he left her room after that to give them privacy.

"I have good news for you."Ms Sienna said. It is good news, but she wasn't smiling at all, as if she is going to inform her about someone's death.

"What is it?"she asked, unsure if she even wants to hear it.

"Your duty is done here."Ms Sienna said. "Which means you can leave today and go back to Heaven."she continued.

"I can leave right now?"

"Yes."

"I...erm Ms, can I stay for one more week? I have to say my goodbyes."

"Sorry Taeyeon, it is the rules. The latest is tomorrow. Understand?"

"Oh, okay. I understand."

After ending the call, Taeyeon grabbed her camera and casually scroll through the pictures. She can take her camera back with her, which contains all of the wonderful memories she made here. She gripped on her camera tighter as she stared at a picture of Baekhyun and her.

She put away her camera and sighed heavily. Why isn't she happy that she is going back to Heaven? Does she even want to leave this place?

Taeyeon knew that she had to tell Baekhyun first, no matter what. He needs to be the first one to know about this. She grabbed her bag and left her room. Running down the stairs, she waved at her friends and left the house before they could even ask where she is going.

-

Taeyeon rehearsed what she is going to tell Baekhyun in her mind repeatedly as she waited for him beside the front gate. When she looked up from her shoes, she saw him walking by and looking around, probably looking for her.

"Baekhyun!"she called his name.

He looked back and smiled when he spotted her. After he revived back to life, they hung out together like before, temporarily forgetting what happened before. They got along well although they still argued a bit, which is what they always do.

"Erm..."Taeyeon bit down on her bottom lip. The moment she saw him, everything she rehearsed in her mind disappeared. Her mind blanked out. "Erm..."she hesitated. 

"What?"Baekhyun raised a curious brow at her.

"I am leaving."she blurted out. She looked at him and he was staring at her with his mouth agape. 

"What?"a small gasp left his lips.

"I said that I am leaving soon."she ran her fingers through her hair and heaved a sigh. "I am going back."

"Where?"

"I am going back to heaven. Where I came from."she repeated. She regretted it when she saw hurt flashing across his features.

He kept quiet and stared at her, not knowing what to say.

"Baek-"

"Why did you even-"he stopped himself. He wanted to shout at her for playing with his feelings although he knew that that wasn't true. He wanted to shout at her how upset he is when he heard that she is leaving. He wanted to blame her for making him feel like that.

He wanted to tell her to stay.

But he couldn't tell her that.

"What?"she asked softly.