22- Sacrifice

Listen to the song above, I just love the melody of the song because it fits the mood.

-

The window suddenly swung open, letting the cold breeze flood her room. Tarrying shivered under the thick blanket and felt colder and colder. She slowly opened her eyes and glanced at the opened window. The room's temperature was so low, she could even see her own misty breath as she exhaled.

"What?" she mumbled and looked up in confusion. She gasped when she saw a tall dark figure lingering on the wall. It was a shadow of a formless figure. No one is at home at this time, so she quickly reached for her phone, but it was snatched away from her grasp before she could fully grasp it.

The demon cackled as it moves from a wall to another. Taeyeon could only see a shadow. She felt a shiver ran down her spine as she straightened her back to be more alert of her surroundings.

"Go away." she said shakily as she threw a pillow towards the shadow, but it wasn't affected by it at all.

"Byun Baekhyun has betrayed you. He no longer loves you."

"No! Go away! "she screamed, scrambling to get up from her bed, but her wings pulled her down. She started to panic as she stared at the dark shadow on the wall near her. "Don't come near me!"she screamed on the top of her lungs.

"No one can hear you."the demon cackled again.

"Get away from me!!"she screamed, her whole body was shaking in fear. She knew that she is helpless and her multiple failed attepts of leaving her bed had made her lose hope. She is about to die here. She wrapped herself tightly around her upper body, hoping that the demon can't reach her heart.

"I can smell the heart already. After devouring it, I can finally transform into my physical form."the demon said. Taeyeon glanced at the walls frantically, wondering where the demon went. "Up here."a voice whispered.

She slowly looked up and gasped when the shadow is now just on the ceiling, looking down at her hungrily. She screamed again and covered her face in fear. She is too afraid to move and her legs felt numb to even attempt to run away from her bed.

The demon grinned evilly and was about to jump on her until the door suddenly swung open with a loud slam against the wall. Taeyeon snapped her head to the door and her eyes lit up when she saw Baekhyun standing near the door, huffing and panting, out of breath from running all the way here.

"Taeyeon-a!"he said. Taeyeon froze as she stared at him. Baekhyun didn't notice the demon on the ceiling, so he took quick strides towards her. "Taeyeon, I-"

"Stop there! Don't come near me."Taeyeon said as she shook her head frantically. She didn't want the demon to hurt Baekhyun. He stopped in the middle of the room and stared at Taeyeon in confusion. 

"What? Why-"

"You just don't understand. Don't come near me. Leave now."Taeyeon said, tears streaming down her face uncontrollably. "Leave!"she raised her voice as she felt the demon inching closer to her. She learned to accept her fate and die right here, but she didn't want Baekhyun to witness this.

Baekhyun stood there, without moving an inch. He knew everything. Sehun told him everything.

He understands.

Flashback

"The reason why Taeyeon hasn't been coming to see you herself is because she can't leave her bed."Sehun explained. 

Baekhyun just scoffed and looked away from Sehun. He hated to admit it, but he felt a bit jealous when the guy in front of him knows where and how Taeyeon is and he doesn't have a f*cking clue about how Taeyeon has been doing.