16- Birthday Party

It is the day of Baekhyun's birthday and he still doesn't know that his friends had prepared a surprise for him until Taeyeon and his friends showed up in his doorstep that Saturday morning. For the whole week, Taeyeon has been learning how to play the guitar from Yixing and he finally finished his duty and went back to Heaven last night. Before he left, he gave her his guitar as a gift, which Taeyeon brought with her to the celebration.

"Who f*cking wakes up early on a Saturday morning?"Baekhyun cursed as he scratched the back of his head, still sleepy from waking up so early.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BOY!!!"The three of them counted down to three and shouted simultaneously.

"What?"

"Happy Birthday!!"Jongdae grinned widely with his arms wide open. "Happy Birthday my friend!"he wrapped his arms over him and gave him a friendly pat on on the back before pulling away.

"Happy Birthday man."Minseok said, giving Baekhyun a bro hug before pulling away too.

Taeyeon is left. Before, she doesn't feel shy or awkward when she hugs him, but now, she felt shy just thinking about hugging him. "Happy Birthday."she said, smiling at him timidly.

"Get change, we are going to kidnap you."Jongdae said. Baekhyun turned back into his house with an amused smile plastered on his face. It felt like they went back time when the three of them were the golden trio and celebrate each other's birthdays as if it is the King's birthday.

"We will wait in the car."Minseok called after him as the three of them walked back into Minseok's car. "Come down quickly or else we will drive away and see you at your birthday party."he added.

-

"You are driving so damn slow, we might reach our destination at night."Minseok muttered beside the driver who is looking at his side mirror to make sure that it is safe to pass.

"Shh! I am trying to concentrate here."Jongdae hissed, his eyes not leaving road. He let out a relieved sigh as he drove on the slow lane.

"Can't you switch to the fast lane, for god's sake!"Minseok groaned, face-palming himself.

"No...it will be dangerous. I don't want to get us into an accident."Jongdae said.

"That's it, let me drive. Stop at the side please."Minseok said.

"Fine."Jongdae stepped on the brakes as he drove to the side. He pulled the handbrake up and pressed the double signal button before unbuckling his seat belt and getting out of the car.

"Thank you."Minseok got off the car too and the two switched places.

Taeyeon glanced at Baekhyun who has been staring at the street outside ever since they started their journey. She knitted her eyebrows together in confusion, what is Baekhyun currently thinking right now? Is he bothered by something at the moment?

Baekhyun heaved another sigh as the two boys in front of him continued to bicker.

"Can one of you turn on the radio?"Baekhyun asked, glancing at them through the rear-view mirror. Instead of seeing Minseok or Jongdae through the mirror, his eyes met with another pair of eyes. Taeyeon stared into his eyes through the mirror and it is like time stopped around them. They stared at each other for don't know how long before Taeyeon decided to look away.

"Ooh, our song is on!"Jongdae broke the silence as his body swayed along with the music. Taeyeon blushed as she thought back about what just happened, it's like everything is suddenly awkward between them. She shook her head slightly and stared at the front, her eyes avoiding Baekhyun completely. But throught her peripheral vision, she could still see Baekhyun drumming his long slender fingers along with the beat of the upbeat song.