20 - Turned Bad

Dedicated to yeonnz for making the beautiful book cover of this book.

-

"Ginger, I miss him."she mumbled to her little furry friend as her fingers twirled his dark short curls playfully. Ginger shook his head slightly and jumped onto her bed. He lied beside his owner and nudged his head into his owner's hand. "It has been a week Ginger."she sighed, rolling onto her stomach before getting out of bed.

She stood on both of her feet and stood there without moving an inch. It felt like her wings has gotten a lot heavier overnight. She tiptoed and tried to flutter her wings, but if felt rusty and heavy. She could only fly a few centimetres above the floor. She made her way to the bathroom to freshen up as Ginger obediently waited outside the door.

"Morning Ginger."she said as Ginger cocked his head to the side, looking up at her. "Not much of a talker."she mumbled as she went to the closet to pick an outfit of the day. There isn't much choice for her honestly, it's just a few outfits enough to tell other people that she does change everyday. Ginger cocked his head to the clock on the wall, telling her that it is almost noon. "Afternoon Ginger."she patted his head before skipping out of her room.

"Oh Taeyeon, you never wake up that early."Luhan said as Taeyeon passed by the living room on her way to the dining room.

"I plan to go to see my master."she said.

"That's great. You look pale though."

"What do you mean? I have always been pale."she said, trying to hide how heavy her wings are actually are right now from her friends, she doesn't want them to worry about her when they have their own problems too.

"And you are not even dressing up?"Yoona asked, referring to her outfit.

"I am dressed."Taeyeon said, lifting the hems of her skirt and twirled a little.

"Well, not your best."Yoona said as she crossed her arms in front of her chest and stared at Taeyeon with a judgemental look on her face. "Maybe I can help you to apply some make up."

"Are you suggesting her to cosplay as cake face?"Luhan scoffed and laughed at Yoona.

"I think you should just go and see him like that. I don't trust Yoona's make up skills either."Sehun said.

"Yah! Did you two join forces to criticise my skills?"Yoona glared at the two boys. They nodded simultaneously without hesitating.

"Er...I will just eat some bread then."Taeyeon grabbed two pieces of leftover toasts before leaving the house.

-

Don't go to the front gate. Don't.

Baekhyun stopped in his steps as he stared at his shoes. People pushed pass him, bumping into his shoulders but didn't even bother to mutter a simple sorry or look back at him to see if he is okay. If people did look at him, they will see that his eyes are blank, as if his soul isn't inside his body at all.

Turn around and jump over the walls at the back. Make sure no one sees you.

He did as he was told and turned back and started to walk towards a hidden corner behind the school. He threw his bag over the wall first before climbing over it later. After landing at the other side of the wall, he stood there like a zombie, waiting for the voice to tell him his next step.

Go and steal that car. Don't worry, the owner is the teacher you hate the most.

Baekhyun easily started the car by connecting two wires to boost the engine. He had experience with his ex-friends that taught him the skill to steal just anything. He drove the car away from the school area until the voice started to speak again.