11-Friends

"SON! COME DOWN RIGHT NOW!"

Baekhyun rolled in his bed and looked at the time shown on his alarm clock. It is 11:00 p.m at night. His father usually reach home around this time, which is pretty late. He groaned and trudged down the stairs, wondering why his father is calling for him.

"What?"he scratched the back of his head, still tired because he just woke up.

"Have you been smoking again?"his father pointed at the trash in the bin. Baekhyun glanced at it. It was last week's leftover trash. He nodded although it has been a week since he smoke a cigarette. It has been a week after the meal at the hawker stall with Taeyeon. He decided to give himself a chance to quit smoking, so it has been a week without smoking for him. "Ugh...I don't care anymore. Smoke all you want!"his father groaned as he slapped his hand on his forehead, his face yelling stress everywhere. His father left him alone at the living room and went upstairs.

Baekhyun stood there, staring at the cigarette in the bin. He frowned and kicked the bin out of frustration. He clenched his jaw as his fingers curled into a ball. He was mad that his father didn't even care whether he had tried to stop smoking. He was angry at himself for even trying to quit when no one will appreciate his effort.

He stormed off to his room after that.

-

"Hey you! How was your day? Made any new friends?"Taeyeon scared Baekhyun from behind by jumping out from behind, shaking his shoulder in the process. She smiled brightly as she stared at his face to see his reaction to her jump scare, but that infamous pokerface was plastered on his face.

"Not good and no."he replied to her question.

"You know you can't be alone for the rest of the school year. This is going to be your last year in high school!"she said. "Oh well, I might be your only friend after all."she said. "I got you something."she said and got out a few papers from her bag.

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow as he skimmed through the words on the paper.

"I found these overnight for you. Hopefully it can stop you from smoking. All of these famous people successfully quit it."Taeyeon said. After hearing that, Baekhyun got angry and threw the papers on the floor. "Hey!"she crouched down to pick them up. Baekhyun stormed off the bus stop. "I am trying to help you!"she shouted.

"I don't need your help."he grumbled.

"What? Why?"she whined, poking his shoulder behind him. Baekhyun groaned but he didn't react to her constant poking on his shoulder. "Come on. I have noticed that you stopped smoking for a week now."what she said stopped Baekhyun in his steps.

He slowly turned around to face her, surprised that she was the only one who saw his efforts in quitting. Not even his father but her.

"So."she paused and started digging into her bag to get something. "I bought you this."she handed him the small packet. "You gave me jelly beans, so now I am giving you Nicorette Gum. It can stop you from smoking, even the former President of United States used this method to quit smoking."she said as Baekhyun examined the box.

"And you want me to eat this?"he held the box with his two long slender fingers and shook in front of her face.

"Yeah. It will be a replacement of your cigarettes."she said. "Do you havea box with you now?"she asked. Baekhyun was confused, but handed the only box he has in his bag to her. "I will take this from you from now on."she said, keeping it in her bag.

"What?"

"I want to keep your breath fresh. Just in case you decided to kiss someone one day, the girl or boy will not taste the smoke."she said innocently and ended with a smile. After a few seconds she noticed the faint pink tinted on his cheeks, he was blushing. "Why are you blushing?"she chuckled. "Were you shy because I said you are gonna kiss someone one day? Aww...how cute!"she squealed, pinching his cheek. Immediately regretting her actions, she pulled back her hands and tried to change the subject. "Hey, did you notice that the grass is so green and healthy recently? It's like someone fed them some protein!"