Jason/Leo II - Jordan Taylor

I looked around the room, trying to relax, but I couldn't. I was waiting for my Dad. He promised he wouldn't miss it and I believe him.

Though, it's kind of hard to keep believing in him.

I tried to focus on something else, but everywhere I turn, I see kids with with their fathers, some even have two! How do you gain two Dads? I hate father-son day at school, cause mine is always out doing important stuff. I'm always bitter about it, but I cannot help it, because no matter how much I beg for it, how much I pray for it, Dad just don't stay home.

"Hey, Jordan!" I heard behind me. I want to scowl at Thomas Grace, but I can't. He hasn't done anything "Why you here all alone?" I scowled this time.

"Why you care, Grace?" I replied back, not even looking at him. I just wanted to hide somewhere and cry, but big boys don't cry, that's what Grandfather says. So I try not to.

"You're all alone..." Thanks for the reminder...

"Maybe, I want to be alone" A big fat lie, but he doesn't need to know that.

"No, you don't" I finally turn to look at him, and I see his multicolored eyes staring at me, with a light frown "You're looking around, as if you're searching for someone. Maybe, you don't wanna be here, but that doesn't mean you want to be alone" I kept my jaw from open. How did he know...?

"Yeah? Well, maybe I-" I couldn't finish the sentence. I wanted to, but I also knew I'd end up insulting him and I had no one to defend me in case things went out wrong. The other part of me wanted to reply the truth, that I wanted to go home and curl up inside the closet to cry, so my Grandfather couldn't see me, but I won't be sharing that neither.

"Tommy!" Someone else called Grace, who turned to greet at a much younger boy, with curly hair and sparkly brown eyes "Papá and Uncle Jason are waiting for you! They have a table ready!"

"I'll go in a minute, Sam" The boy, Sam, nodded and disappeared, letting Grace look at me "Look, I know what it's to want someone around and not be there. My Dad and my Uncles know it too... Why don't you come and sit with us until your Dad comes?" I weighted my options. Would I prefer being all alone in the hallway until a teacher found out? Or I rather be with someone, waiting just in case?

The option was obvious.

"I- I'll take your offer, Grace. But this doesn't make us friends!" I warned him, only to find him smirking.

"Wouldn't dare to dream about it..." he fired back, sarcastically. I bumped his shoulder before following him towards where his Dad was. We found the table soon enough, cause it was the table with the loudest noise "Dad, I hope you won't mind..."

"Thomas, what does your mother say?" The man who spoke to Grace was his immediate carbon copy. But he was taller and with broader shoulders. His blonde hair was cut short and you could see a tattoo on his right forearm of an eagle and some letters that his sky blue uniform didn't hide. His eyes were also sky blue and you could see he was gentle and dangerous at the same time.

"The more, the merrier, Dad" Grace answered, smirking. His Dad ruffled his hair and I felt totally left out "Dad, this is Jordan Taylor, he's a classmate and he's waiting for his Dad..." I glared at Grace because of the introduction, but shook his father's hand.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Grace" I said, like an automaton.

"Wow, kid!" The other man that was with them, stepped into the conversation. He was like the little boy, Sam, but older and, if I could say, more wackier. His brown curly hair was everywhere on his head and he was wearing a pair of protection googles on his head. He was covered in oil and stains, as if he had came out of a mechanic shop "No need to be that formal! I'm Leo and this is Jason-"

"Leo, if the kid feels uncomfortable, you cannot force him out of it!" Mr. Grace told him, like if he was talking to a little kid. Well, maybe he was a man-child, like Grandfather calls them "Jordan, hope you don't mind me asking, but... your father works for the Navy, perhaps?" I looked at him, surprised.

"Yes, sir. How did you know?" I admitted, surprised. Mr. Grace simply smiled at me.

"I knew a Sargent Taylor when I was doing links with the Navy... He's my contact with the SEALs-"

"His father works with seals?!" Sam, the little boy, interrupted, in awe of the information just given. His dad laughed, obviously catching his mistake. So did Grace, but Mr. Grace simply smiled "Does he swim with them too?!"

"That would be the first time in my life that someone asks me if I swim with seals" We all turned around to see my father, in his blue camouflage unifor, standing behind me. I wanted to rush towards him, but my Grandfather's lessons kicked in and I pulled my hand out.

"Sargent" I greeted him, sweating on my neck. He looked puzzled before sighing, kneeling down and pulling me to him in a hug.

"I knew leaving you with your Grandfather was a mistake, Jordan..." he whispered at me. He pulled my surprised face from him and looked serious at me "If I knew someone else to leave you with, but I didn't... No worries, that is in the past now..." he winked at me before standing up and greet the other parents "Lieutenant Grace, a pleasure to see you again..."

"Likewise, Sargent. My cousin, Leo Valdez..." I watched the grown ups in awe, trying to understand what my Dad had told me.

Could it be that my prayers were answered?

----

Hello, guys!

First of all, Happy Easter everyone! I hope you all have a good Sunday, no matter how you celebrate it or which is your religion. I'd love to hear about your special celebrations, if you don't mind about it ;)

Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I've been sick lately (allergies, unfortunately) but I managed to wrote a few chapters for you. And to tell you something VERY important...

I made a mistake.

I was recounting and realized that Urgent! Inspiration: Needed will be over BEFORE Mortals: Meet... 2. What means that we have less than 7 chapters for that story to be over! :o

The main point is the same. Until I'm not over with both of them, I won't start any new one. Which means you still have time to vote in my two polls, those are in Facebook...

Back to the chapters, today I'll be updating Mortals: Meet... 2, Urgent! Inspiration: Needed and Percy Jackson, son of Chaos. I'll try to update the rest of Mortals: Meet... 2 by the end of the week, leaving me with Urgent! Inspiration: Needed, Mortals: Meet... the In Laws, Garden Wall, Percy Jackson, son of Chaos and Rise of Ouranos to update before the month is over.

Also, I ask that, if you want to request any chapter or anything, be patience as I have too many delay... I'll fulfill all and every one of them, if I can.

Like I mention all the time, thanks for your patience!

Enjoy Easter! Eat lots of chocolate eggs! ;)

xoxo, SilverHuntresses