Piper/Hazel II - Tobias Ford

I closed the file that I was reading and sighed.

Why I was reading the files again, I wasn't sure about it. I knew this people pretty well, or at least what three weeks could allow me too, and I had no doubts that they liked and cared about little Kyler. Of course, I was in need of recommendations on their behalf, but it would break my heart to see little Kyler wailing when the woman who wanted to be his mother won't be her.

Knock, knock!

"Mr. Ford, some people are here to talk you on behalf of a couple" Bethany informed me. I nodded and she allowed inside a couple of women that I was sure I've seen somewhere, but I wasn't sure where.

The first one walking in had rich chocolate skin and a gentle smile, that complemented her golden eyes. Her dark frizzy hair was tied up in a low loose ponytail, with a bow decorating from behind. She was dressed simply, with a pencil skirt and a white blouse, along with a briefcase on her hands. Her heels were simple and dark brown, which made her feet stand out a little.

The second woman was, definitely and without any prejudice, Native American. If her toasted skin wasn't a dead give away, the feathers on her loose hair were. Just like her partner, she was wearing a simple pencil skirt and a salmon blouse, standing out her multicolored eyes. She seemed more determined than her partner, but not for that was less polite.

"Good morning, ma'am" I stood up and pulled my hand out for them to shake "I'm Tobias Ford, what can I do for you?"

"Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Ford" the woman with the salmon blouse started "I'm Piper Grace and this is one of my best friends, Hazel Zhang" I shook both their hands, before gesturing them to sit in front of me.

"As, what you can do for us, we're here to speak on behalf of the Simmons-Dare" the woman with the white blouse, Mrs. Zhang, explained to me. I nodded and pulled out the file I was recently reading.

"You sure have impeccable timing, ladies" I admitted, showing the folder of the case. Both women shared a look and smiled softly "I hope you don't mind that I record this, to have future references"

"I don't mind, do you, Pipes?" Mrs. Zhang wondered to Mrs. Grace, who shook her head. I nodded and pressed 'play' on the recorder.

"Please, tell me... How did you meet Mr. and Mrs. Simmons-"

"Sorry to interrupt you, Mr. Ford, but the first thing you have to know is that neither Mr. Simmons or Ms. Dare are married or are planning on getting married..." Mrs. Grace interrupted me, politely. I nodded and took note of that.

"I feel kind of weird naming them by last names, don't you?" Mrs. Zhang chuckled to Mrs. Grace, who nodded "We met both, Rachel and Octavian, at summer camp... I was more familiar with Octavian than with Rachel back then..."

"While, I was the other way around..." Mrs. Grace pointed out "If it wasn't for my husband, I'm not sure if we all had met..."

"Anyway, one thing you should know about Octavian is that he had a quite difficult childhood" I took note of that, listening "He doesn't like to talk about it, and we had to figure it out before Rachel came to us and confirmed it... I'm not sure about the details, but that made him, um... what word could I use?" Mrs. Zhang checked with Mrs. Grace, curious.

"He was a bit of an idiot when he was a teenager..." Mrs. Grace continued for her "Which, is not a great indicator of anything, as we all did idiotic things when we were younger..." I nodded and had to bite my lip to not chuckle. I had my few share of idiotic things when I was young.

"Rachel, however, was a very mature and nurturing person from the start..." Mrs. Zhang changed the person and smiled "She was one of the most loved councilors when we were at Camp, the kids adored her..."

"Well, she does know how to keep them entertained..." Mrs. Grace seemed to remind Mrs. Zhang and both nodded. I took a few more notes and looked up at them.

"What jobs are they currently holding?"

"Well, Rachel has an art gallery, plus she's an artist, graphic designer and publicist" Mrs. Zhang numbered, while I took another note, impressed "Octavian, well... He's working on a consulting firm, though he plans to be an independent consultant someday..."

"Quite ambitious, if you ask me..." Mrs. Grace said, looking a tad worried. I nodded again.

"Do they share a place to live?"

"Not currently, but I'm sure that they'll make a decision where to move the minute they take Kyler home..."

"Actually, and I'm not suppose to say this, but..." I saw the look on Mrs. Zhang's face, telling me she didn't like gossiping around "Octavian said he was gonna surprise Rachel with a house he recently bought by himself" Mrs. Grace was more surprised than I was. Evidently, she didn't know about that "Frank told me he asked for a little help around..."

"Looks like I have to speak with Jason when I get home...." Mrs. Grace mumbled to herself. I smiled and looked down at my list of questions. There was one left.

"You mentioned that they don't plan to get married... What do you think the result would be if they fight?" It was obvious the question took them back, as unexpected, but they composed quickly.

"Because they're in love. Even if they don't say so" Mrs. Grace told me, confidently. Mrs. Zhang nodded along.

"Like we mentioned, Octavian had a difficult childhood... That mask he's wearing is cracking little by little, all thanks to her..."

"Sounds like they're gonna be great parents, if you ask me"

----

Good late morning!!

What a long complicated week!! First, I wanna apologized for not posting last Tuesday, but the chapter wasn't ready. I'm rushing my brains and creative juices to finish up tomorrow the last two chapters, so I can check that annoying 'complete' square!

Also, I'm great need of many more ideas for this book!! Chapters and couples (or groups, I'm not picky)! I already have planned Frazel IV (second part of the school tour), Katie/Miranda II (fashion king is taking over that one), Chrisse IV (someone is going up on the ring), and Octachel IV (to a place Octavian would be in either Hell or Heaven)... Please, help me with some others, as I won't be posting these until a good part of them are past...

Always willing to put your ideas in action! Have a nice weekend!! (Or, what's left...)