Perlia III - Buttercup

I whined as I watched my mother being taken away from me. It was a normal situation but it would never be normal for me. I continued to whine as I tried to follow her, but those- those two-legged monsters simply push me back and lock me down again, while she's dragged to entertain everyone. I continued to whine and pace around my cell, trying to find a way to reach her.

I know that, afterwards, she's always returned to me, tired. Sometimes, they hurt her, but she's simply tired about this. All I see around me are females that are being dragged the same way as my mother, to do exactly the same things. It's worst than lock down, as they are training me to do the same. But I plan not to.

As I'm left alone in my cell, I continue to whine and move around, too nervous to actually do some thinking. My worst thoughts is that someday, those monsters take it too far and that I'm gonna presence something horrible. No! Stop thinking like that!

"Please, I beg you to tell me why are we doing in such a place!" I heard from outside my cell. I moved to the edge of it and saw two individuals that look between lost and searching around.

One of them was female and it looked much younger than the other one. She had raven hair, though is was very short. If mother sees me with hair so short, I believe she'd not be able to recognize me. She didn't have any fur on her, neither a tail. She must be one of the same breed as the monsters that keep us lock down, though mother told me that not all of them are the same. She had some weird cloths covering her body and even some weirder things around her back hooves!

"When all the horses in New York bug you about coming here, you listen, Thalia!" the other one replied, a male, though he looked more worried than the female. He also had raven hair and had similar cloths around his body and back hooves than the female. If anything they could be siblings or had the same family traits. But, he was older than her, because he was taller and had hair around his chin.

"Looks like they were right about one thing... This place stinks!" the female, Thalia, complained, her nose moving to show her disgust. The male nodded his head and looked around, his eyes suddenly landing on me. I whined and began to walk backwards, trying to get away, but both caught my movements. I was gonna be in sooo much troubles!

"Thals, I found one of them..." the male spoke, softly, while walking towards me. The female followed him, with a look in her face that was difficult to read "It's OK, we're not gonna hurt you..." he pulled his hand out and tried to reach me, but I wasn't going down without a fight, so I tried to bite his hand, but he pulled back before I could "He's very scared..."

"Who, what kind of monster would do something like this?!" the female shrieked, making me shake my head in pain.

"Couldn't you make it more low, so dogs can hear you?" I said, sarcastically, still shaking my head.

"He's right, Thals. I think a couple of dogs didn't hear you..." the male teed her, but I was more shocked into figuring out that the male had understood me. These monsters don't understand when we complain and he was talking to me...? "Looks like you've seen a ghost, buddy..."

"Maybe no human ever had talked to him before... No, maybe no human ever understood him before..."

"You- you can understand me...?"

"You can bet your four hooves I can..." the male chuckled, finally petting my neck, softly. It was nice and relaxing. Not tensing and wary like with the others "Want a cube of sugar?"

"A what now?" Like those tricks were bunnies are pulled out of a cloth contraption, this male pulled some cubes from his cloths and fed me with them. It was nice and sweet "Yummy! Can I have more?" The male chuckled and nodded, giving me a few more. Suddenly, I thought it was kind of rude of me without introducing myself "I'm Buttercup"

"I'm Percy and this is my cousin Thalia..." he introduced back, while his cousin pet my neck "We're gonna get you guys out of here..."

"They took the females away! I don't know what they do, but they take them all nights!!" I whined, desperate, but they soon were soothing me and petting me to calm down.

"He has no idea we're in a circus..." Percy said to his cousin, who frowned. A circus? What was that? Wa some kind of torture that they evolve? "Don't worry, Buttercup... We're gonna take you out of here, and take you to the country... Sound alright?" I nodded, not really understanding, but my mother had told me stories about living on the country and I was always curious about it.

"Percy, the show has started... How are we gonna take them out and where are we taking them?" Thalia asked him, not understanding fully.

"As to where to take them... We can set them free at the Cherokee land, no doubts Piper will help us... As how, well... I haven't thought of something yet, but I figure we could distract them..."

"Sounds like a plan... Though it needs a few improvements..."

"Hey, I'm no Annabeth!"

I stopped listening after that. I was gonna be free, finally! And they were gonna help me! Looks like mother was right about it, not all the two-legged creatures were mean...

----

Hello, my people!!

Well, someone had asked me for a Perlia and I delivered!! I came ip with this after listening and getting stuck in replay 'Circus' by Ms. Brit Brit. If you don't know who that is, you're not a kid from the 90', so I suggest you google it and watch it on your favorite music video channel.

As a comment asked me some weeks ago, today in Argentina is Teacher's Day. I was considering doing a chapter with Sally (Jackson, that's it) as the 'mortal' meeting Drew and Pollux, who would be in charge of a play in honor to Chiron. Who would be acting on the play? None other than the next generation of demigods! My problem? I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE PLAY CAN BE ABOUT!!! If you can give me ideas before the day is over, I'll post it tonight! Along with the deserving credit... (I'm gonna post the chapter eventually, but I think is more fitting today, don't you think?)

I hope you're having a great Sunday!

Oh! And thanks to all of you who commented and review on 'Chasing the Dark'!!