Piper/Clarisse II - Brian Lohman

There are people that are hard to qualify.

You see, I've been working as a waiter for several years now (4 years and 5 months, according to my girlfriend, but who's counting, right?) and I've trained a few of them, boys and girls alike, no prejudice there, but I've never seen someone behaving like this trainee right now.

He couldn't be older than 18 years, which meant this could be his very first job or he was 'persuade' by either parents or college, to take a job and start paying some bills. I've seen those kind of kids, who will leave as soon as they can get something better. I mean, who am I to judge what they do with their lives? Anyway, this boy was boasting his new job with someone over the phone.

The bad part was that he saw his new job (and, by extension, my own job) as a joke.

"Yeah, this is going to be an easy job..." I had heard him say "You'll see, I'll get to serve the biggest name of the restaurant in no time!"

That was a week ago. And now, I was dreading the moment he crossed the service door.

You see, we had been scheduled a reservation between one of the most prestigious socialites from the country, along with the Chief of the Phoenix Police Department, both people who had made a name by themselves around the country. It was an honor that, such a prestigious (manager's words, not mine) restaurant was having them eating lunch.

I almost looked like if two mob leaders were going to meet. The restaurant was practically closed, the hostesses calling all the clients to tell them that the reservations were postpone to another day. Basically, these people had the place for themselves, which I wasn't sure if that was a good thing.

Lunch was approaching and the chef was getting on everyone's nerves, trying to make everything perfect. To plan everything ahead.

"Chef, please, relax..." I tried to calm him down, even when everyone was giving me a wary look. Surprisingly, the chef stopped shouting and giving orders. I imagined he was saving strengths for the main event. Finally, Newbie (he has a name, alright... we just don't use it for now) walked through the door, looking all fresh and smirking "Why are you smirking about?"

"Oh, nothing..." he replied, still smirking with that air of superiority at me "I just managed to convince our hostess to let me serve the guests today..."

That's it. We're sooo doomed!

"You better behave out there... Do you know what could happen if you screw this up?" I reminded him, while everyone else showed their disgust and jealousy with different degrees of growling, hissing and frowning.

"Yeah, yeah..." he waved at me, like if it wasn't too big a deal. I wanted to shake him awake a little, but knew that would be impossible, so I let him walk free, without any other word. Now, we wait-

"They're here!" Maria, our resident 'Gossip Girl' announced and, of course, we couldn't help ourselves into peeking through the doors to see them.

The first person was dressed in a elegant yet female dark blue suit with skirt. I think it didn't favored her caramel skin, but she seemed to pull it off very well. Her brown hair was pulled away from her face in a low and kind of loose bun. Her eyes were covered by sunglasses, but she took them away, revealing a pair of hypnotic kaleidoscope eyes. She was carrying a briefcase on her right hand.

The second person was a total opposite from the first one dressing, coincidentally, on a blue suit as well, but with pants instead of a skirt. Her broad and square shoulders made her a little more intimidating than her partner, and she knew how to move around the place. Her hair was pulled on a tight ponytail and her eyes exude some kind of fire, like looking for troubles on her way. On her hip, was hanging a regulation weapon.

Those were our guests.

"Step aside, people" Newbie pushed us out of the way, and headed to the table while the women were sitting themselves. If that was my table, I'd had helped them to sit "Good afternoon-"

"Scram along, punk" Police Chief Clarisse LaRue wasn't someone you wanted to cross. What she said, you did. Or so I heard... "We'll call you when we're done here!"

"Clarisse, there's no need to be rude..." Piper McLean-Grace was known for her grace (she didn't add it to her last name, her husband's last name is Grace) and being rude wasn't in her. Unless you were rude to her first "Please, come back in a few minutes, thank you" she ordered, not even looking at him. We all held our breath, waiting for when Newbie spoke back at them, but he simply walk away, like he has been slapped, which would be a long overdue action.

"Why did you ask me to meet you, Piper?" Ms. LaRue (I ignore if she's married or not) asked Mrs. Grace "This was suppose to be my day with Silena and I don't miss those for the world..."

"I know, Clarisse..." Mrs. Grace agreed with her, like if they were old acquaintances instead of strangers "I also remember telling you to bring her, but I figured that you'd leave business outside your door... I'd do the same with Thomas..." she sighed "We'll make it up to them, I was considering taking him to the amusement park, you two can join us..."

"Thanks, but I guess I'll be talking to Chris later..."

"You guys having troubles again?"

"The raise only came with more troubles and the officers only are in the way, instead of helping cleaning the mess..." Ms. LaRue explained. I could see her playing with her napkin "I go home stress out, and while he tries to help, he ends up the target of my rage..."

"Chris handy with tools and we could ask Leo to build you an anti-stress chamber..." Mrs. Grace suggested "Leo likes to good around with that store of his, but he means well..."

"Yeah, well Human Torch will have to do it without jokes this time..."

"Last time I saw him, he was calling himself Firestorm..." Mrs. Grace chuckled "Wanna order something before getting into real business?"

I pushed everyone away from the conversation after that. Those were personal and private and, didn't want to be sue for earsdropping... Not sure if that's a real charge, but I don't wanna risk it.