Katie/Miranda - Violet Sims

I could not believe my luck! It was the most important day of my life and like Hell I was gonna spoil it!

I lined up with the rest of the contestants- sorry, scholarship chosen recipients (they are my competition), who were giggling and looking around in awe the room we were inside. Inly two of the girls in the room looked totally bored out of their mind and they were staring outside the window, huffing and looking upset.

Either amateurs or social suicides, take your pick. I don't care. I was more concern behind the choices that landed those two in here. Clearly, they would want to be somewhere else.

The first girl was leaned against the wall, her head looking outside the window. She was slim and was dressed in simple jeans and a tank top, both of them tattered and old, along with some specks of dust and mud around. Her long brown hair was braided french style and I couldn't see her face, but I'm sure she had a smudge of dirt on her left cheek.

The girl that was seated in front of her was doing the same, her head was facing the window and I couldn't see her either. The chair she had chosen to sit on was one of those old high back chairs, making it look like a mysterious movie than the selection of a fashion intership. Seriously, whoever decorated inside here was a bad decorator, not to mention he or she doesn't know the latest about fashion.

The door opened and the most important person in the fashion industry walked in. Of course, everyone turned their heads towards him, it was some kind of disrespect not to acknowledged that Tiziano VeLuca was the highest fashion designer of Italy and the world. I even heard something fall to the ground and Mr. VeLuca rolling his eyes at it. Evidently, a girl had passed out because of the emotion.

"Bongiorno, signorinas" he greeted us, making some fan themselves because of the emotion "I'm Tiziano VeLuca, but of course... you already know that" Everyone giggles at the joke, but little did I know that two girls on the back were rolling their eyes at us "During the next two months of summer, I'll be giving you weekly assignments and, the one that fulfill all those assignments by the end of the trials, would have the honor of showing her designs on the runway and become my protege and apprentice" Several gasps were heard, even mine. Apprentice under Mr. VeLuca?

That was the Holy Grail of the fashion world.

"Alrigh, ladies!" Mr. VeLuca's assistant and right hand, Fabrizio (he doesn't or won't share his last name), shouted at us "As you already signed the forms and stuff, you need to rush, as Mr. VeLuca's first assignment is on the board! Good luck!!" he snapped his fingers and it was like the charm in our bodies was lifted, because we all run to the board and read the assignment. Quckly, my mind was rushing around and flowing with ideas.

I wasn't going to lose this.

~oOo~

It was the last week of the internship and I already had all my assignments and designs ready to show to Mr. VeLuca. In fast, all the girls had their assignments ready, some better than others (not judging mine, of course. Mine were exquisite), except for those two girls that I saw in the first who were looking out the window.

I learnt that their names were Miranda and Katie. I didn't bother with the last names, but their were steps sisters. They were always together, talking in whisper and leaving the room the minute we got down designing and sewing. It was as if they didn't want to be part of the intership. One part of me was saying 'good! Less competition to be worry about!'. Another part screamed, 'what?! It's Tiziano VeLuca!! Do not waste that opportunity!!'. Luckily, that part of my brain was crushed down soon enough.

Fabrizio had warned us that Mr. VeLuca won't be seeing our designs until the end of the internship and that he would be giving us the decision on the last minute, claiming 'all of us had the same chance'. That was rubbish, as I knew that Mr. VeLuca would be choosing my designs and was trying to give false hope to the rest of my competition.

Finally, Mr. VeLuca arrived and we were ordered to step away from our designs, so he could choose without any pressure. Some girls were bitting their nails or chewing their hair because of the nerves. Of course, the anticipation was killing me as well! Mr. VeLuca would have to see several designs up to a hundred and it was gonna be a long day.

The first comment was with the first design he saw.

"Who made this outfit?" he demanded, looking at us. I didn't recognized the design, as it wasn't one of mine, but I was about to take the credit when the step sisters got way ahead of me.

"That's ours, sir" Mr. VeLuca looked baffled upon that reply "You never said we couldn't work in teams" The older one, Katie, explained, making us look among ourselves. How did we missed that?!

"Why do I see one outfit? You should had done many more..."

"The time that took us make this outfit was two months, sir" Miranda, the younger one, took the lead "We had the idea since the first assignment, and we both knew this was gonna take a while, so we combined all the assignments in one"

"What is this outfit made of?"

"Recycle stuff"

That was the last thing I remember, as I passed out in that moment at the mention of the fashion atrocity...

----

2/2

Good Sunday, folks!

I apologize for the delay and the lack of third chapter, but the day is young and I could still post it. For some unknown reason for me, laziness and procrastination had been regulars in my body and stuff, but thinking about you guys gave me the impulse I need to write these two chapters. Chapter three is on the way, though a little late, because one simple thing...

I have no idea what to write about!!

Send inspiration and help my way and I'm sure I'd come up with something before lunch arrives!!