Percabeth Valentine's Day - Alison Werner

If there's one thing that I like more than Valentine's Day is seeing old people celebrating Valentine's Day.

I'm a hopeless romantic, I know that already. But, watching old people still being together, after years and stuff they suffered along the way, being cute and romantic around each other, gives me hope that romanticism is not dead and that people can live happily ever after. That it's not just a fairy tale fantasy makes it more real for those who are still searching.

I was one of them, you know? One of those people who thought that I'd never find love or happiness. I was the one that grandmothers will always pester that should find someone to live my life with, even when I was in no rush or interested at the moment. The one who had, at some point in her mind and without realizing, made a long list of requirements and compared men with people that didn't exist! (Thank you for that, Nicholas Sparks and all of the other teenage romantic fiction novels...)

I was twenty five- turning twenty six in a couple of months -when I had that illuminating moment where I started to decide that I could be happy, no matter what. And what helped me decided that? Well, I was volunteering in the old people's home from my neighborhood, in New York, when I was approached by the volunteers's boss with a petition.

"Alison, could you please take a look on Mr. and Mrs. Jackson?" The tone of his voice gave away that no one wanted to do the job and I was the last and only option. I sighed, more about the other's procrastination and not because of the task, and nodded. He gave me directions towards their room and I walked over there, not knowing what I was going to find.

Once I found the room, I knocked to see if they were awake. What I hoped to find, what I was used to find, it was not what I expected once the door opened.

Mr. Jackson opened the door, but he didn't look older than fifty years. His hair used to be raven black, but now is a very dark grey, with a few strands looking more white than anything. He was big, with broad shoulders and a very loose shirt on him, along with khaki colored shorts and sandals. His face was filled of wrinkles, especially around his green eyes and mouth, like if he like to smile and laugh.

"Mr... Jackson?" I wondered, hoping I wasn't the victim of a prank.

"Please, come on in, young lady..." he fully opened the door and allowed me walk in, into the small bedroom that had a closet, a door with an attached bathroom, a queen size bed and two nightstands "I apologize for the mess, but my wife and I just moved in here last night..." Mess?! The room was spotless, except that the bed wasn't made and there were a couple of suitcases on the floor.

"Um, that's alright..." I replied to him.

"Just, hang on a second..." he knocked on the bathroom's door, gently "Annabeth, we have company, could you please come out?"

"Two seconds!" A female voice responded, and two seconds later, a woman not older than fifty as well came out. Her blonde hair was now between blonde and white, which wasn't much difference, as both are light colors for hair. She was fit and was wearing a bathroom, obviously she was getting ready for her day. As she came out, she kissed her husband and smiled at him, before turning to him "Hello, darling... I'm Annabeth" she pulled her hand out and I shook it, after coming out from my shock.

"I'm Alison, Mrs-"

"None of that Mr. and Mrs. thing!" Mr. Jackson interrupted me, chuckling "We're Percy and Annabeth... We have never and we will be called like that!"

"Just because you don't like to be called like you're your age..." his wife teased him, smirking. Percy smirked and tickled his wife, gently.

"Um, I think someone had confused the assignments..." I pointed out, frowning, making them look at me "I was sent here to, well... look after you... And you don't look like you need to be look after..." To my surprise, both of them started to laugh, hugging each other tight. I was very uncomfortable with all the laughing and, luckily, they noticed

"Oh, sweetie... Please, don't think we're laughing at you" Annabeth explained, gesturing me to sit by the bed with them "Is that they think we need help when is the other way around and yet, every time we come here, they seem to forget about it..."

"What do you mean with 'every time we come here'...?" I asked, curious. They shared a look, a smirk and a nod.

"Well, Alison, means that we use this house as a hotel, when our kids and grandkids are out for trips and stuff..." Percy said to me "We cannot be with them, hovering around, so we come to places like this to help, but we end up being admitted like patients rather than help..."

"That's awful!" I gasped.  Why would they make such a mistake?! That's outrageous! "Oh, I have to fix that!" I made a gesture to get up, but they stopped me.

"It'll be not worthy, Alison... We tried all the tricks, trust me..." Percy rubbed my arm, just like when my Dad used to do when I was frustrated. It was soothing.

"I still think they're trying to keep us here..." Annabeth told me, solemnly. But she smirked at the end "We simply sneak away from the window" she winked at the end. And I couldn't help but to chuckle.

"Can I ask something?" They both nodded at me "What is the secret to have a relationship?" They shared a look with each other and smiled at me.

"That doesn't have a secret, sweetheart... You just have to be yourself and be honest..."

"You would not believe the amount of smacks I earned when I was sixteen from her- ouch!" Percy complained, rubbing his arm, while Annabeth looked at him, innocently "Why you did that?"

"I'm just proving your point, dear"

I smiled and, after talking for a while, I left the room with a new found respect from love and relationships.

He is coming, he will come. I just know it...

That was five months go. And now, I couldn't be happier because he finally caught up with me.

----

A little token of affection for a guy that I'm glad caught up with me... Happy Late Valentine's Day, Love!

Hello, guys!

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the long absence. Things have been hectic lately and I'd had to organize them before continuing with my writing. As I'm writing this, I'm trying to catch up with all the delay posting, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be back at regular pace by the end of the month. I beg your patience for it.

Which leads me to remind you all that, I have made a Facebook page for my A/N and any news/rants/explanations/thing I like to be posted there. I recommend you check it out, mainly for the A/N, as I won't be posting them here anymore. The page is written down:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/SilverHuntresses/posts/

For this morning, I'm planning to update only three stories, can't remember how many chapters each: Mortals: Meet... 2, Percy Jackson, son of Chaos and Garden Wall. As I mentioned before, be patience with me. I'll probably update Urgent! Inspiration: Needed tomorrow and Wednesday, with Mortals: Meet... the In-Laws next. Any chapters that are missing from Mortals: Meet... 2 will be post ASAP.

As I mentioned in a post on Facebook, Mortals: Meet... 2 is coming to an end. Although it was a pleasure and a privilege to write almost 200 chapters about Percy and his friends (and making up a few futures and two lovely spin-offs of my own), I'm running out of ideas, which is why I'm slowing my writing a little: I wanna supply the demand, but I don't have resources. Which is why I decided, with a heavy heart, that it won't be a third part.

Also, I'd like to let you know that, I wanna finish Urgent! Inspiration: Needed before focusing in another story. I realized I tried to handle more than I can take and I'm not as focus as I was at the beginning, as life takes unexpected turns. That being said, it doesn't mean I will be giving up my writing and my stories, as it means too much to me.

Maybe, I'll diversify myself into a new fandom...? Or random stories...? Who knows...

Please, check my Facebook page and I'll see you guys during the week.

Again, I apologize for the lateness and I appreciate your patience.

xoxo, Silver