The Hunters Women's Day - Natalie Morales

From a young age, I knew the truth. Yet, I chose to forget it, ignore it, or whatever.

Men are idiots.

And, I'm not saying that because of the 'cooties' lie we swallow when we're young and our parents don't want us hanging together. No.

I've experienced it first handed.

My story began when I was 14 (meaning, two months ago) and I was paired up with this guy from my Biology class. Total player, I knew it from seeing him. No, I didn't fell on his net. It was the other way around.

He, apparently, fell in love with me.

I couldn't believe it, even when the girls at school swear I'm all he talks about. He even says my full me, Natalie Morales. I only spoke with the guy one freaking time!! But, there's not where the problem lays.

The problem lays in the fact that he bragged so much about me and my way of being, girls began to copy my attitude and style. And, if that wasn't enough, they even copy my answers!!

To make my intentions clear, I made a very public scene, embarrassing him in the cafeteria (with teachers included, just in case I couldn't make myself clearer), shouting that I didn't even like him and that girls were idiots copying me, because first, I wasn't interesting, and second, they didn't have to change for a guy to like them. That, if the guys didn't appreciate them the way they were, it was the guys' lose.

That only made my popularity rise.

Some girls came to thank me, about me opening their eyes to the truth. Some guys came to thank me beause I was able to make girls see other guys.

I wished my problems ended there.

The guy pestered me, stalked me for two months. Appearing around every corner, asking me to carry my books, to take me home and stuff. I denied him every opportunity and I was seriously considering get a restraining order. I didn't have a problem about changing schools, since I didn't have many friends in the beginning, so I was OK with that.

"Oh, Nat love" I growled pretty loudly, making clear I didn't want to be bother. I smacked my locker shut and began to walk to my next class, Advance A
Algebra. Yes, I'm a genius like that "Love, why aren't you answering my texts? Was it something I did?"

"Yes, Brett. It was something you did!" I snapped at him, in the middle of the hallway "It's something you keep doing and annoys me to no end!!" For a second, I had remind myself that he had been following me around for two months. I knew I was being cruel, but it was annoying and I didn't want to have to run away because of a freak that could understand the word 'no'.

"Is there something I can do?" That took me by surprise. I didn't expect a retrieve so fast. I had to think of my answer carefully, because that could backfire me.

"First, go to the nurse and ask her to run a diagnosis of you, because I think you're sick" I tried to add some concern in my voice, so he could be fooled "Then, go to a doctor to do the same and go home to rest... And we can talk, like civilize people, tomorrow after class, OK?" Brett smiled at me and nodded.

"Thanks, Nat. I knew we could talk it out" he said, before walking directly towards the nurse office. I sensed every single stare on me, before I lost my cool.

"Don't you have classes to be?!"

~oOo~

It was after class and I was walking around the streets without having to worry about Brett following me today. Sweet freedom, I missed you! I walked around the park, the stores and I could even sat in my favorite coffee shop without leaving in a rush because someone is following me. Exploring the city, I came across a store that I've never seen before. It was small, with two windows on the side of the door and it was painted silver. There were two full matching jacket and trousers in white camouflage, along with grey combat boots.

I took some steps back, to read the name of the store. Silver Moon. It reminded me of that cartoon that my sister used to watch when she was at home. I bet she still watches it when she's not studying at college. Shrugging, I walked in, looking around the store. It looked like a camping store, but all the items were in the white-grey color range.

"Welcome!" I was surprised by a girl not older of fifteen, dressed just like the clothes in the store "What are you looking for?"

"I just saw the name and I walked in..." I admitted, though the girl looked like she knew something I don't. She was frowning at me before sighing.

"You know, we can have a solution for your problem with that guy..."

"How did you know-"

"Only girls with problems with guys can find this store" she interrupted me, as if my question was not important "You didn't find us by chance, you were chosen to take a decision"

"Decision?" I repeated, not understanding.

"Wether to leave or not the world of men" she explained "It's not something we ask everyone, only the ones who can understand it can be chosen"

"Just because I see men as they are doesn't mean they failed me" I argued back, thinking how my Dad did everything in his power to make me and my sister happy after Mom passed away.

"Yet, you're running from one" That caught me unguarded. I sighed and stared at her "Come back here when you made up your mind..."

~oOo~

It's the end of the school day and I'm waiting to talk to Brett. I promised and he'd been behaving more normal during the day. Or so people say. I'm not gonna deny that I'm tempted on saying that he should 'take the hike', but I keep my promises.

"Natalie?" I turned to see him. He had black circles under his eyes and he was slightly pale. I frowned at his appearance "I knew you'd not want to talk to me..." he turned to leave.

"Wait! I was just... surprise, that's all" I stopped him "So, what happened?"

"Bipolar" OK, I was expecting many things, but not that one "You were right, I was sick. And, yet, after all the things I did the last two months to you, you cared enough to send me to a doctor..." he sobbed. Oh, not tears... "You saw it, even when my parents didn't... Thanks..."

"Um, you're welcome?" I replied "Look, Brett... The point is that you can get better know, right?"

"Yeah... It took one string woman saying 'no', for me to see it" I blushed at that. Woman, me? "Friends?"

"Eh, sure..." I shook his hand, confused.

Maybe men are idiots when they don't have a strong woman by their sides...

Time to rethink the theory.

----

2/7