Octachel April Fools - Aria Foreseen

My parents are always fighting.

Normally, this would be a cause of concern in many homes, but not in mine. My Dad can't stand my Mom and my Mom always bicker back my Dad. It's an vice circle that none of them either want to get out or they can't get out of it.

"They can't be nice to each other..." I mumbled to my brother. Well, he wasn't exactly my brother, but he was as close as a brother.

"Well, they argue for us" Kyler joked, not even bother by it. I rolled my eyes and went to look for my Mom that was cooking in the kitchen.

"Hey, princess..." Mom called me before I could even step inside.

"How can you always know who's walking in?!" I said, surprised. She chuckled and continued chopping vegetables.

"The same way I know something is inside that little and pretty head of yours" she continued, smiling at me. I rolled my eyes and leaned agains the counter, watching her.

"Mom, why you always fight with Dad?" I blurted out. I saw my Mom sigh and glance at me "I mean, I know you're not married or anything-"

"Aria, is OK to be curious" Mom calmed me, smiling "Is just that your father and I will always have our differences and I think this is the only way we can, get along..."

"Couldn't you guys be more civil?" I wondered out loud. Mom smiled and continued cooking.

"I can try. I promise you that" she promised, kissing my forehead. I smiled and in that moment, Dad walked into the house "Welcome home, Octavian" she greeted him, smiling. I smiled with her, knowing she was trying for me. Dad looked shock at the greeting.

"Um, hello?" he looked unsure on how to react. He began to sniff around the kitchen, while I helped Mom cook "Are you really cooking that?" Dad pointed at the casserole Mom was cooking.

"It's Friday..." she started, not sure why he was complaining "I thought we agreed on making Fridays meat day..."

"Just like Saturday night is pizza night and Sunday lunch is pasta day!" I supplied, helping her. Dad nodded before leaving the kitchen. I sighed "What's with him? You where nice!"

"Like I said, this is the only way we can get along" Mom comforted me "Now, help me set the table..."

~oOo~

"Mom!!" I called her, when I got from my Saturday art class.

"Welcome home, princess!" she greeted me, smirked at me "How was the class?"

"Amazing!" I beamed at her "Can you help me paint? I'm inspired!" I was excited for some reason and I wanted to express myself. And I always like when Mom and I paint together.

"To the art studio!!" she raised her fist, childishly. We went upstairs, to the art studio Mom argued very much with Dad to have. At the end, Mom won and Dad got himself the other extra room in the house. We walked in and put out some empty canvas, set the tripod next to each other, because Mom and I tend to share the colors "OK, since you're inspired, let's only use red, blue and yellow..."

"Challenge accepted!" I accepted, opening the paint bottles and dipping the paintbrush. But no painting was in the canvas "Mom, it's not funny!" I complained, but Mom was serious.

"I didn't-" she stopped talking, when she noticed all the bottles empty or with white paint "This was your father..." I could hear the restrain in her voice. I sighed and moved a hand through my hair. Dad and I were really close, but this is the only thing that bonded Mom and I. Why was he pranking her?

"You should prank him back..." I suggested, not very convinced. She looked at me, smirking.

"Would you like to prank your brother as well?"

~oOo~

I don't know how, but Mom was very persuasive when she wanted something. She was as good as Aunt Piper with her charmspeak.

"Mom!! I'm starving!!" Kyler whined from the living room. I rolled my eyes and huffed. He was so lazy!!

"Almost done, sweetie!!" Mom replied, smirking at me. I smirked back, making the final touches of dinner. Dad wants to have a prank war? Oh, he'll get one... "OK, everyone! Dinner's ready!" Mom announced. Quickly, two pairs of feet ran towards us, when we were already sat down. When they sat down, they finally saw what was in their plates.

"What's this?!" Dad complained, watching his plate filled with vegetables and rice, while Mom and me had a small pizza each.

"Well, you complained yesterday about my casserole and I was thinking that, if you want to eat healthier, I should support you" Mom smiled at Dad, not looking even upset "And, Kyler would be joining you because he needs a new diet for of his new training"

"New training?" Kyler looked confused, while I took a bite of my pizza.

"Why, of course!" Mom beamed at him "You'll be joining the Legion soon and you need your strength!" Kyler grimaced, but began to eat in silence.

"This is the war, woman" Dad gritted his teeth at Mom. Smiled and bit her pizza.

This will be good! Better than Uncles Travis and Connor!!

~oOo~

The next Friday to the casserole incident, coincidentally, was April Fool's. Mom assured me that that will be the last day of the pranking war, but she didn't want any help with her last prank. Thought, she asked me (she almost begged me) not to tell Dad she was last pranking him.

"Alright, Aria. Spit up" Kyler demanded, when school was over. Since it was Friday, it was Dad the one picking us up "What's Mom next prank?"

"I don't know" I recognized, shrugging "And, even if I did, you think I'll actually tell you?" Kyler huffed, upset, while climbing inside Dad's car. I climbed in the back seat. The ride was almost silent, as Kyler and Dad talked in whispers. I ignored them until we got home.

"Graecus!" Dad greeted Mom, smirking. Dad always called Mom like that and Mom bickered with him. But we were greeted with silence "Did you Mother go out?" he asked us, but we shook our heads. It was normal that Mom would warn us if she left. Frowning, I walked to the kitchen and saw Mom on the floor, crying.

"Mom!" I called her, kneeling next to her and hugging her "Dad, I found her!" I announced. Dad and Kyler quickly arrived and Dad replaced me next to Mom. But, he was shaking her shoulders "Dad!" I hissed to him.

"What's wrong?" Dad questioned her, serious. Mom looked at him and handed him a little stick, hidden from our view. Dad simply glanced at it and paled "No..."

"Dad...?" Kyler didn't know what to do and didn't did I. We were stuck in our places.

"Guys, the living room" Dad ordered, still pale. We didn't argue, we just left "Please, tell me it's not you..." I heard Dad whisper before we were out of range. We wanted to eavesdrop, but it'd be very obvious "wHAT?!" Dad screamed and we winced "No!! That can't be true!!" he denied, loudly. Mom walked out of the kitchen, wiping her tears, Dad behind her.

"Just-" Whatever Mom wanted to say was cut by Dad.

"Screw her!" Dad yelled. My eyes widen after hearing that "I want nothing with her, because-"

"Happy April Fool's, love" Mom cut Dad, smirking. Dad gaped at her, before frowning. Though, I could see a faint smile on him.

"You pranked me?" Dad's voice was low and almost scary, but Mom didn't look scare at all.

"How could I not?" she admitted "It's April Fool's and I learnt from the best" she poked him in the chest, winking at me.

"I'll get back at you" Dad vowed, smirking.

Like I said, it's not that bad that your parents don't get along in the normal way...

----

Happy April Fool's, guys!!

I know I didn't make this totally funny, but I decided to make it different. It does involve a little pranking, but not so much... Anyway! I hope you're enjoying today! Don't go overboard!!