Connor/Miranda II - Addison Akinson

I think I did a mistake.

Part of me was thinking that it was a bad idea, especially when it came to my parents, but I never realized how bad of an idea it was until it escaped,y lips and was out in the open. I should had thought it more and expected their reactions. I'm so stupid sometimes...

I wandered around the streets, too angry, too frustrated and too hurt about everything that I hadn't paid attention to where I was heading. It was just when I raised my eyes and saw that my feet had taken me to Central Park, to my favorite swing that was empty at the moment. Without thinking it twice, I sat on it and tried to swing my problems away.

But, my problems stayed there.

In the front of my head, reminding me what a screw up I had done.

Kids started to arrive to the park, alongside their parents. I decided to leave the park, before someone wondered why a twenty-something girl was wandering around little kids. Sighing, I headed to the closest bench and raised my legs, curling on my spot. Only then, the tears finally decided to come out.

"Excuse me..." I hear a soft voice besides me. Wiping my face with my sleeve, I saw a girl about my age with soft chocolate hair and tan skin and the brightest green eyes I had even seen. Her simply yet winter outfit fitted her perfectly and left a lot to imagination "May I sit here?" I shrugged, not caring what she did. I was in no mood to argue with anyone else "Thanks, that's very kind of you..." She thanked me before sitting and handing me a tissue. I stared at her in disbelief, but she insisted.

"Thanks..." I repeated the gesture, using the tissue to wipe my tears.

"Would you like to talk about what's bothering you?" she asked me, kindly. I shook my head, she wouldn't understand what I was feeling "Would you mind if I speak out about my own problems? I need a ear..." she confessed. I shrugged again, not knowing what to say honestly.

"I probably won't be of any help..."

"Oh, nonsense! I'm sure you're an excellent listener..." she argued with me. I stared at her, surprised of her reply "Anyway, there's this guy I've know for half my life... He's a prankster and a goofball when he wants but he cannot be serious when asked..." she sighed, looking down at her hands on her lap "Of course, I'm not sure of his feeling for me, but I believe that he doesn't have ones for me, as he had proved over and over..."

"Why you think he doesn't have feelings for you?" I couldn't help to ask "Have you asked him?"

"Oh, tons of times, which is why I say he cannot be serious about it..." she explained, still looking down "My sister is dating his brother, yet they never had this kind of conflict between them, which makes me wonder if everyone is right and he's just to make someone jealous..."

"Why would you say so?"

"Well, I have feelings for someone else and I had tried to tell this guy several times, like I mentioned... But he either doesn't listen or ignores me..."

"At least, you have people who support your decision, even when the person who should listen to you is ignoring you..." I blurted out, not realizing what I said until it was too late "You see... a few weeks ago, I out my feelings in order, as some guy had asked me to date him... I discovered that not only I swing for that team, but for both..." I made emphasis on that last word and she nodded, listening "I made the mistake of telling my parents without considering the reactions or consequences..."

"I'm sure everything will turn out alright..." she placed a hand on my shoulder, smiling "I bet you just surprised them, that's all..."

"I hope that's all... I kind of escaped when everything was turning badly..." I admitted, shrugging again.

"Well, looks like we both have to face people at some point..." she recognized and I had to agree with her. Sooner or later, I'd have to face my parents again. I have no idea how they will react now...

"Miranda!" The girl turned around to see a boy coming her way. He was tallish and with curly brown hair and blue eyes. He had his cheeks red because of the cold and he was puffing softy, as if he had run around looking for her "Thank Demeter that I found you..."

"Connor? What are you doing here?" she questioned him, frowning and surprised "Wait, how did you find me?"

"Like I would be revealing my secrets around..." he smirked at her "Mir, I've been looking for you everywhere, your sister almost mauled me when I didn't know where were you!"

"You should deserve it anyway..." she scowled at him, crossing her arms. In no moment, she did gestures of getting up from her spot "What you did was inexcusable and without my consent... You're lucky Sherman didn't beat you!"

"Trust me, he left me that very clear... He even promised to maul me after Katie if I didn't find you and fixed this mess soon!" he said, the ghost of fear crossing his eyes. The girl, Miranda, huffed and ignored him, focusing her attention on me.

"It was great meeting and listening to you..." she trailed around, and I understood she was waiting for my name.

"Addison"

"Addison" she completed, taking her hand out and shaking it "I really hope everything works out for you and, if you ever need another ear or a talk, please call me, alright?" she pulled out a business card and handed it to me. I took it and nodded, while she smiled me for the last time, before walking away and dragging the boy along "You better have a good excuse Stoll, cause I'm not in the mood for your jokes!" she threaten him.

Meanwhile, I knew I had to face my parents soon.

I know everything will turn out alright in the end... is the full-of-obstacle path I'm afraid of.

But, no matter what, the sun will come out tomorrow...

----

Dedicated to my friend Meghan

https://www.facebook.com/pg/SilverHuntresses/posts/