Annabeth/Piper II - Amy Sullivan

I was running around Central Park, totally bored, actually. You see, I was kind of force by my doctor to start working out, but not because of my weight. I want to believe is not about my weight. More because of my stress.

So, I'm running to vent away my stress. Of course, working in the economic world of New York is stressing. I still have no idea how the guys who work in Wall Street have no weight or are still going to work! I'd had quit a week afterwards!

Anyway, running is boring. Specially, if you don't have someone to do it with you. Not running for a marathon here! I'm not competing with anyone. Though, you could tell the people that run around here that... some behave like if they were actually running from someone, which is kind of insane, because no one is running after you, right?

Anyway, today is Wednesday and, like every Wednesday, there's a couple of friends that always run around this hour. They couldn't be more diffent one from the other, personally and physically speaking. I never had the change to actually talk to them, but I know that one is more intellectual than the other one (heard her complain multiple times about blueprints and stuff) while the other one is always giving advice to the first one about hangout and stuff like that.

Those two friends reminded me both parts of the brain, the analytical one and the creative one. Both in harmony, but one can't mess the work of the other. And, just once in a while, they agree on something and plan something even bigger!

Getting off tracks! No pun intended. I was just resting by the water fountain, fixing my shoes laces when the first one showed up. She was wearing some old grey shorts with sneakers on, as well as an old orange T-shirt and a deep blue hoodie. Her body was slim and tanned and muscled. Kind of like what every single mother want their slight overweight (and they creat a drama over that, especially mine) daughter look like. Her blonde and curly hair was tied up in a ponytail and away from her face. Couldn't say which color were her eyes, because her back was facing me.

She sat by my side and pulled out a pocket book from her hoodie's pocket and began reading, obviously while waiting. I'm surprised that she wants to read (much less, run or sprint or whatever she does) in a weather like this. But, I get into my business and, before I could get going without being noisy, her friend comes close.

Like I mentioned, this women are polar opposites, even physically. This girl has a much darker skin, but equally slim and muscled as her friend. Her hair was light chocolate brown and was tied up in a braid that was showing from her left side, adorning her pearly smile. Unlike her friend, she was wearing running shoes, along with some light blue shorts and a old and purple T-shirt, which seemed to had a logo or something, because I can see some kind of pattern on it. She waved at her friend and walked closer.

"Bringing a book to our weekly running, Annie?" she teased her, especially by the way she called her name.

"Just don't today" the blonde girl snapped at her "Percy decided it was today the day he's gonna behave like an-"

"Language, dear!" her friend scolded her, though she was wearing a smile on her "You wanna run while you vent your problems away?" she offered, not changing the smile off her face. The blonde girl sighed and put her book away before getting up and began running with her, at a slow pace.

"OK! So the day began normally..."

~oOo~

I was just completing my second turn around the East side of the part, when I decided it was time for my rest and returned to the water fountain from the beginning. I was really proud of myself, making it to the second lap before I could even feel exhausted. I smiled innerly to myself, because I was really tired on the outside. When I reached the fountain, I saw the pair of friends, sitting there and talking as if they never were running before.

"And, just before I got here, I reminded him that tomorrow was gonna be my debut on the Architecture debate for the University and he just nodded, paused his vide-game to ask me if we still had apples and continued to play with it!!" the blonde kept complaining out loud, and by her expression, it meant that her tale only got worsts and worst.

"Did you had apples?"

"Piper!" the blonde scolded her friend.

"Sorry... Wow, sounds like a really bad day, if you ask me..." the brunette, Piper, sympathized with her friend, patting her hand "Has he ever acted this, um... distracted before?"

"Well, there was one time, but it was alright after he planned our first date..." the blonde narrated, in a thoughtful way "But, that was really messed up in the middle by some guys..."

"Well, you've been together for almost five years... Don't you think he's nervous of you don't wanting him anymore?" Even a blind man could see what Piper was trying to accomplish. She was trying to distract the blonde girl (whose name is not Annie) into not concentrate about her boyfriend's strange behavior.

"That would be absurd!" the blonde replied, without even thinking "Right?" she asked in the end, lamely.

"Just, see if this continues tomorrow. And, if it doesn't, you'll have your answer..." Piper claimed, enigmatically. The blonde girl sighed and walked to get a bottle of water from some seller, leaving her friend alone. I took my chances and walked to her friend.

"Excuse me?" I called her, tapping her shoulder. The girl turned around and offered me a flashy smile and a glimpse at his multicolored eyes "Is her boyfriend, by any chnaces, going to proposed to her?" Her eyes widen comically open, not expecting that from me.

"It was too obvious from my meddling?"

"Just a little" I confessed to her, smirking "But, not worries, you're making an excellent job hiding it from her" I waved at my goodbye, when the blonde girl walked back. She stared at me, piercing me with her grey eyes, questioningly.

"What did she wanted?" she wondered. I smirked to myself, not able to keep my smile inside.

She won't expect it tomorrow...

----

1/3