Jasper Mardi Gras - Jose Neves

Start from the beginning

"Sir, are you alright?" I haven't paid attention to the people standing next to me, too busy focusing on my kids. Next to us there was a family of four. Mother, father, son and daughter. The man was blonde, wearing a white shirt and khaki shorts, with a couple of yellow bead necklaces on him. On his shoulders, a little girl of three, with brown hair and multicolored eyes.

The one talking to me was the woman, who had toasted skin and brown hair. She was dressed like her husband, I could see her wedding band. Shirt and shorts. Her eyes, multicolored like the little girl, were looking at me with worry. Her hand was on a ten-year-old boy, with blonde hair like his father. It was obvious they were all realated.

I couldn't speak. The pain was too much, but she seemed to noticed that.

"Mommy, he needs a hospital!" the boy demanded and I felt compelled into going to one. The woman nodded, before frowning.

"Thomas, do not do it again!" she scolded him, no idea why. The boy nodded meekly, but was serious.

"It doesn't matter, Pipes. He's right..." the man handed to his wife their daughter and walked close to me. Too bad my daughter thought it was a bad thing.

"You won't hurt Papi!" Amelia screamed at him, her face red because of fear and decision. Hugo was trying to pull her away from the way.

"I just want to help your Papi..." the man explained. Hugo whispered something to Amelia, who nodded and let him to grab me to allow me to stand. He helped me to get to the nearest hospital, that was kind of empty. Hugo was taking Amelia with him and the man's woman was carrying their two kids. No one greeted us and I was dying in pain.

"Someone help this man, and help him now!!" the woman shouted, to no one in particular, but every single person wearing a white coat got closer and began examining me. They placed me in a wheelchair and I managed to grab the man's wrist before they took me inside.

"My kids..." the man's look softened and grasped my hand in his.

"You and your kids will be in good hands..." I could glance at his wife shouting and demanding that I get the best medical treatment. I didn't know how to thank them. It was my last thought before I fell asleep.

~oOo~

I woke up several hours later. I was still in the hospital, but I was in a room and my kids were sleeping on the couch next to the bed. The family from before was talking in whispers and looked like the man wanted to argue about something. She rolled her eyes and said something about 'what else we should have done?'

I fell asleep again after that.

~oOo~

I'm finally back home after my emergency surgery. And things improved greatly.

My boss was so upset that Pedro hadn't been working (apparently, he had been lying to him about it) and that he was the cause of my emergency operation, that he fired him. And since I couldn't lift heavy things anymore, I got a promotions with a desk job and a raise. Eva couldn't be happier about it.

I found out who was the family that helped me that day. I sent them a letter thanking them and inviting them to get together sometime. They haven't replied yet (I sent the letter yesterday, anyway!), but I think things will work out alone... don't you?

----

Hello, guys!

First of all, Happy Easter everyone! I hope you all have a good Sunday, no matter how you celebrate it or which is your religion. I'd love to hear about your special celebrations, if you don't mind about it ;)

Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I've been sick lately (allergies, unfortunately) but I managed to wrote a few chapters for you. And to tell you something VERY important...

I made a mistake.

I was recounting and realized that Urgent! Inspiration: Needed will be over BEFORE Mortals: Meet... 2. What means that we have less than 7 chapters for that story to be over! :o

The main point is the same. Until I'm not over with both of them, I won't start any new one. Which means you still have time to vote in my two polls, those are in Facebook...

Back to the chapters, today I'll be updating Mortals: Meet... 2, Urgent! Inspiration: Needed and Percy Jackson, son of Chaos. I'll try to update the rest of Mortals: Meet... 2 by the end of the week, leaving me with Urgent! Inspiration: Needed, Mortals: Meet... the In Laws, Garden Wall, Percy Jackson, son of Chaos and Rise of Ouranos to update before the month is over.

Also, I ask that, if you want to request any chapter or anything, be patience as I have too many delay... I'll fulfill all and every one of them, if I can.

Like I mention all the time, thanks for your patience!

Enjoy Easter! Eat lots of chocolate eggs! ;)

xoxo, SilverHuntresses