Regretting Death-Chapter 9

Start from the beginning

            “Wow, alright what was the reason then?” I glared at him.

            “I can already cook dang well, why should I take a class to show me what I already know?” he asked me turning at the corner.

            “I have no clue, who’s house for movie night?”

            “Toad, he can drive you home after if you need.”

            “Hey Kasey, come quick! The baby is just waking up!” Chase yelled from the door, I waved goodbye to Chris as I ran in past Chase. “Wow, pushing is rude and uncalled for. Does your friend want to come in?” Chase asked me.

            “No,” I shook my head.

            “Oh alright,” I heard some keys and then the door being locked, he walked over and stood by me as I watched the baby sloth. “Are you sure he didn’t want to come in?”

            “I’m sure he did, but I don’t want him in here. Work is when I get away from all of the guys, I’d rather not have them in my away from them time. Then it wouldn’t really be away from them would it?” I asked him as I put my hand out towards the baby sloth.

            “Yeah I suppose you are right,” he said as the baby sloth stuck his tongue out and licked my finger, I giggled as it tickled my fingers. “Are you dating one of them?” he asked me.

            “Nope, just friends. Why do you ask?” I asked him still focusing on the sloth that was now crawling into my hand.

            “You are always with them, just a question to pass the time I guess.” He shrugged his shoulders.

            “Who do you hang out with? I never see you around town with anyone.” I said as it came to mind.

            “Well no one, I don’t have much friends here, just the pets.” He shrugged his shoulders, as I walked behind him to grab a baby bottle. He did that a lot, but this time I watched, it was like slow motion. He had a nice tight muscle grey shirt and it clung to him like a baby to its mother. His bones moved up as his muscles worked with it and that’s when I noticed something off. As his muscles moved I saw one his should blades, something was different the way they moved. Something was off. “You looking at my shoulder aren’t you?” he asked not moving at all, not even to look. He moved his shoulders up and down giving me the chance to see it again, the way they moved was just odd. “It’s like that from the fall, I have to go see somebody every week to help. It don’t hurt.” He told  me this time turning my way, I looked at him wondering how a fall like could have happened.

            “But you just fell, how did that hurt your muscles?” I asked him giving him the baby bottle as he turned to fill it up with milk.

            “I don’t really know, all I know is it hurts sometimes. But I’m strong I don’t show when it hurts so you won’t ever know.” He told me as he shook the baby bottle up.

            “I know a lot more then you think I know.” I told him. “Back at my school, I knew a lot of secrets, more than anyone ever thought. Come to think of it I could have made a lot of people’s lives crap.” I thought to myself on why I hadn't done anything, all they had done to me. Everything that happened over the years, and I had everything I needed to get them back. Yet I didn’t, I wanted to punch a wall as anger filled my blood. Suddenly the baby sloth was taken from my hands and I took a step back really wanting to go back to earth and punch somebody. “I need to get back to earth.” I gritted my teeth as the words slipped out like venom from a snake.