RD-7- Starting over

Pushing myself out of bed I set my feet on the cold carpet while rubbing my eyes, I got up and shuffled my way to the bathroom to take a shower. Once I was done I slipped into some jeans with ripped holes above the left knee, they were dark and somewhat washed out in the middle of my legs. I put on a Victoria secrets hot pink sweater, slipping it over my head. I then dried out my hair and let it fall perfectly straight down to my ribs. Smiling at myself I slipped on some pink slippers and walked out of my room and down the stairs.

            “Hello dear, I think it’s time you start a job.” My grandmother told me.

            “What? Not even!” I huffed crossing my arms.

            “I planned it out, you will work at the animal shelter down the road.” She told me setting a bowl of oatmeal on the table and pointing to me and then it.

            “Who said I wanted to work?” I asked sitting down grabbing to bowl.

            “I know you love animals and this will be good for you, you can learn to drive and get a new car, and the well. I don’t know live life a little.” She told me setting down straw berries freshly cut. I frowned grabbing the spoon and dropping berries on my food. I sighed mixing it together. “You don’t really have a choice dear, so put some real shoes on and ill drive you over for your first time, it’s only down the street. You’re going to love it there.” She told me sitting down eating her own food. I nodded my head and continued to eat my food. Once I was done I went to my room and slipped on some vans, I then grabbed my phone and my black bag as I ran down the stairs.

            “I’m getting paid right?” I asked as she opened the car door.

            “Yes dear.” She said starting the car.

            “I just wanted to know.” I told her.

            “Yes dear, I know.” She told me, I frowned looking out the window watching all the houses pass, surprisingly the car started to slow down and we turned into a small parking lot.

            “Do I have to?” I ask her giving her my puppy dog eyes, “Can’t I just… I don’t know sleep back at home?”

            “No, get out.” She told me as she leaned across and opened the door for me.

            “I can feel the love radiating off of you.” I told her as I stepped out of the car.

            “Love you dear!” she said as I shut the car door and turned to the fairly nice shop. The outside was a nice baby blue with a big sigh clearly saying “Dead does not mean alone” right above the door. A huge sign on the roof saying “Pet Shelter!” I walked up to the door and opened it up and a soft ring of a bell filled my ears.

            “Hello welcome to the pet shelter!” a girl said in a bright cheery voice.

            “Hi I’m Kasey. My grandmother said I was to work here.” I said looking at her, he red hair was curled and down to her shoulders. Her green eyes so bright and filled with happiness you just wanted to smile. She smiled showing pearly white teeth.

            “Right, I’ll get Chase for you!” She grinned as she turned her head. “Chase!” she yelled out to a back room.

            “What?” A guy’s voice came out from the back ground.

            “The new girl is here, Madison wants you to train her.” She yelled back, you heard a sigh from the guy and then footsteps coming closer as they grew louder. I pushed my bangs behind my ear as I wanted them out of my eyes.