38

A couple of hours pass. Jessica groans and she wakes up for the second time. She looks up at Simon to see him asleep, snoring lightly. She smiles to herself as she gently, but quickly, plants a kiss on his cheek.

"You're so adorable. God damn." Jessica whispers to herself, not wanting to disturb him. "Thanks." The unexpected reply from Simon makes her jump slightly. "Fuck. You scared me." She gasps. He laughs, "sorry, dear." "It's okay." Jessica lets out a sigh.

She sits up and straddles his waist. His hands grip her thighs gently. "You're beautiful." Simon smiles up at her, lovingly. "Why thank you, handsome." Jessica smiles down at him. Her face heating up slightly. "Why thank you, babe." He lightly chuckles. "Anytime, babe." She giggles.

She draws various sized circles on his chest. He watches contently - following the movement of her finger with his bright blue eyes. "Having fun?" He asks as he glances up at her. She shakes her head, "not really, in all honesty." "Well what do you wanna do?" He asks. She shrugs, "I dunno." She flops down next to him, wincing in pain. "All I know is my legs fucking hurt." She groans. "How bad?" He asks as he sits up quickly, wanting to see how much pain she's in. "Pretty bad," she mutters. "I'll be fine though." She says. "You sure?" He asks. "Mhm." she hums. "Okay." He nods.

He lies back down. She rolls over onto her stomach so she's closer to him, and so she can see him better. He tucks a loose piece of her hair behind her ear. "Thanks, I guess." Jessica lightly chuckles. He smiles and lets out a breathy laugh, "anytime."

The room goes silent. The only sounds heard are the birds tweeting just before night, the light rustling of the leaves on the nearby trees and bushes, and the faint sound of cars, buses, and trucks driving past. Other than that, it's quiet. The pair happily enjoy the silence, in each others company.

-

Short chapter, I know. Longer one coming soon, hopefully.