5

Jessica's POV

I sigh in defeat as I stare blankly at the wall in front of me. "I just wanna go home..." I whisper quietly to myself. I hate hospitals. Always have. Always will. They're just disgusting, creepy places that old people spend most of their time. Not to mention, most of them are probably haunted! I don't believe in ghosts personally, but the stories I've heard just scare the shit out of me. Also, why would you wanna work in a hospital? I get most people wanna help people, but why not help animals? Animals are better than humans. They don't whine or bitch. They're loyal. They won't cheat on you with your bestfriend. They'll love you. They'll listen and understand you. The list goes on really.  

-

"Morning Jessica!" A nurse bubbly says as she walks into the room. "Morning." I smile weakly at her. "Here's your breakfast, dear." She says as she places the food onto the table in front of me. "Thanks." I sigh. She just smiles at me sympathetically before walking out. 

I sigh as the door shuts behind her. 

I look at the food in disgust. "Why does hospital food look fucking horrible?" I ask myself in disgust. No wonder people don't eat when they're here. The food looks, and smells fucking awful. "I hope my mum, or Layla brings me something decent to eat." I mutter to myself as I push the tray of slop away from me. 

-

Meanwhile...

Layla's POV

"Layla... Do your work please." Mr. Barn softly says as he stands in front of me. "But Jessica isn't here sir..." I sigh as I draw circles on the table with my finger. "Look, I know you miss her. We all do. But, you still need to do your work Lay." He mutters quietly as the other students get on with the work. "Aren't you seeing her tonight?" He asks. "Should be." I nod. "Well, at least you get to see her." He smiles at me. "True." I sigh. 

The bell rings, signalling that it's the end of lesson. 

"Look, if you ever need someone to talk to, you can always come and find me." Mr. Barn smiles softly at me. "Where will you be?" I ask as I stand up. "Mainly my office, but check here as well." He says. "Okay sir." I nod. "Now, off you go." He smiles at me. I smile back before walking out the classroom. 

-

Simon's POV

"Simon!" A familiar voice shouts from behind. I turn around to see Harry, aka Dr. Lewis running towards me. "What?" I ask as he stands in front of me, panting. "Someone wants to see you." He pants heavily. "Well, who?" I ask. "Some woman." He mutters as he points towards where he came from. I look down the corridor to see Jessica's mum, Faye, walking down with some bags. "You mean, Jessica's mum." I chuckle lightly at Harry before walking towards Faye. 

"Morning Simon." She smiles at me. "Morning." I smile back. "Is it too early to see Jess?" She asks innocently as we walk down the corridors. "Not at all." I smile brightly. "Ah, good." She says warmly. "What's in the bags, if you don't mind me asking?" I ask. "Some food. You see, Jessica is a very picky eater. She won't eat pretty much anything, unless it's homemade." Faye explains. "Ah, I see." I nod along. 

-

Jessica's POV

The door opens and in comes Simon along with my mum. "Hi mummy." I smile weakly at her. "Hello dear." She smiles back at me as she gets some food out her bag. "You made me food." I beam as I sit up. "Indeed, as you're a picky eater." She chuckles lightly. "Thanks mummy." I smile before eating. "Anytime dear." She smiles back as she sits next to me. 

-

Thanks for nearly 300 reads already!