12

Simon's POV

I walk down the busy corridors whilst holding two huge, fluffy pillows for Jessica as she's been complaining that the pillows she's currently got aren't comfortable and have been hurting her neck. Doctors, nurses, patients, visitors, and many other people walk past me. Some flash me a small smile. Some nod at me. And others just blank/ignore me. I don't mind though.

The walk to Jessica's room doesn't take that long: or it doesn't feel like it. Usually, it feels like it takes forever to just get down the corridor, but since Jessica's been here, its not taken that long. Coincidence?  I don't know. 

I shrug of the thought and walk into Jessica's room for what feels like the millionth time. 

"Pillows, as requested." I smile as I walk over to Jessica. "Thank you, Simon." She smiles brightly at me before throwing the other pillows onto the floor. "Anytime." I smile brightly back at her as she takes the new pillows from me. I pick up the other pillows as she sorts out the others. "Better?" I ask as she leans back against them. "Much better, thanks." She says. "Good." I lightly chuckle. 

"Where's Vik and Layla?" I ask as I notice that they're no longer in the room. "They left. Vik's got work to do, and Layla's gone home." Jessica says. "Oh..." I hum. "So I'm all alone, again." She sighs. "I would stay, but I'm a busy man." I mutter. "It's fine, Si." She lightly giggles. "If you say so." I smile. "I do say so." She smiles back. "So, I'll be back soon with some medication and food." I say as I begin backing up towards the door. "Okay." She nods. "So, have fun." I mutter. "Will do, mate." She chuckles. I just smile and shake my head at her before walking out - making sure to close the door behind me. 

-

Jessica's POV

"Bless him." I mumble quietly to myself as a small smile sits comfortably on my face. "He's such a... Cutie, I guess." I hum. 

A sigh escapes my lips as I lean back more into the pillows Simon fetched for me. "Finally, comfort." I whisper happily to myself as I just stare up at the ceiling. 

The only sound now in the room is a quiet buzzing sound coming from the old light that's dimly lighting the room.