20

30 minutes later...

Laughter fills the room as the pair - Simon and Jessica - keep joking around, or just making silly faces. To the people outside, walking past the room, the laughing is muffled. The sound is nearly inaudible. But, in the room, the sound is loud. Almost obnoxious. 

Simon checks his watch as the laughing quiets down. A heavy sigh escapes his slightly chapped lips. "You've gotta go, haven't you?" Jessica questions. A small frown sits on her face. "Unfortunately, yes." Simon says as he looks back at her. "But, I'll be back later with some more food, and medication." He says as he stands up. "Okay." She nods. 

. . .

Silence falls between them suddenly, like they have nothing to say. Like they've ran out of words, or their vocal cords have been 'turned off'. They just glance at each other in awe. They may not be talking, but they're with each other. They're together. 

"Don't you need to leave?" Jessica asks quietly, breaking the silence. "Yeah..." Simon sighs. He quickly looks back at the door before planting a small, quick kiss onto her forehead. "See you later." He softly mutters into her ear before walking towards the door. "See you, Simon." She hums back. They exchange smiles. Soft, loving smiles sit on their faces. Simon then walks out, making sure to close the door behind him.

-

Jessica's POV

"He kissed me. He actually kissed me." I mutter to myself quietly. My cheeks feeling warm. "And I'm blushing." I mumble to myself. "But still, he kissed me." I mumble in shock. "Is he trying to make my heart explode?" I ask myself as my heart slowly returns to its normal pace. My cheeks cool down after that mini event. 

❝Now I definitely know I love him.❞ I mutter to myself as my lips curl up into a smile.

. . .

Simon's POV

"I kissed her." I announce as I stop Josh in the corridor. "Kissed who?" He asks. "Jessica." I mutter very quietly. "Like, full on kissed, or just a quick little peck?" He asks. "Just a quick peck on her forehead." I say. "Well, at least it was only on the head, and not like her lips or neck..." Josh shrugs. "But, what if her mum finds out and asks for a different doctor?" I ask in slight panic. "She won't. Her mum loves you, Si. Relax. Chill." Josh says as he puts his hands on my shoulders. "Okay. Yeah, okay." I nod as I take a deep breath. "Now, if you'd excuse me, I have a patient to attend to." Josh says before walking past me. 

I just stay silent as I watch Josh walk down the corridor, and around the corner.