4

Next Day

"Morning Simon." One of the many nurses that are leaving after the night shift smiles widely at him as they pass each other in the corridor. "Morning." He smiles warmly back at her. 

Most of the nurses and doctors seem to have a liking for Simon, probably because he's very caring, funny, intelligent and not to mention, very handsome. You take one look at him, and instantly you get drawn to him. Also, everyone is shocked when they find out that he's single. Why's a guy like him single?

-

"Morning Si." Tobi smiles as he - Simon - walks into the break room. "Morning Tobi." Simon smiles back. "How are you man?" The short, dark skinned doctor asks. "A bit tired," Simon shrugs. "You?" Simon, the blue eyed, handsome doctor asks. "I'm alright, thanks." Tobi says as he finishes his drink: a warm hot chocolate with marshmallows. "Good, good." Simon smiles.  

-

Simon's POV

I walk down the noisy hospital corridors towards Jessica's room, just to check up on her. Other doctors and nurses smile and greet me as I walk past, which I happily return. Families and friends of other patients walk to and from the other nearby rooms: their eyes full of sadness. 

A sigh escapes my lips as I finally see Jessica's room door. I quicken my pace slightly, like I have no time to waste. My footsteps echo throughout the corridor.

-

I open the door and peer inside. She's sat up, on her phone. Her eyes bloodshot. Her skin, sickly pale. I sigh quietly before walking in.

"Morning Jessica." I mutter softly as I stand in front of her bed. "Morning." She mumbles back as she puts her phone down on her lap. "Sleep well?" I ask as I look at her records. "Not really." She sighs. "Why not?" I ask, curiously. "The bed's fucking uncomfortable." She states, making me chuckle lightly. "Well, you'll be able to go home soon." I smile. "When?" She asks as he eyes fill up with happiness. "In a couple of weeks." I say. "When do I get to go back to school then?" She asks. "Once you're much better." I say. "Okay..." She sighs. 

"Anymore questions?" I ask. "No." She shakes her head. "Okay." I nod as I put her records back. "A nurse should be on their way with your breakfast." I say. "Okay." She nods. "And, I'll be back to check on you in a hour or so." I say. "Okay." She nods again. I just smile at her before walking out. I make sure to close the door behind me before walking down the corridor to the break room.