31

7AM.

❝Wake up, babygirl.❞ The soft, but raspy voice of Simon mutters as he kisses Jessica's cheek, forehead and neck. "5 more minutes." She groans as she pulls the covers over her face. "Come on, babe." Simon lightly chuckles as he removes the covers from her. "Urgh..." She groans. "It's morning now baby." He softly says. "So?" She questions as she finally opens her eyes. "So, it's time to wake up." He says. "I don't wanna." She huffs. "Sorry, you've got to baby." He says. "Fine. This once, and this once only." She says, making him laugh. 

Simon carefully climbs out of the bed before stretching. Jessica shuffles back, so her back is leaning against the pillows, like it usually is. 

"You've gotta go work, haven't you?" Jessica questions as she watches him run his fingers through his hair. "Unfortunately, yes." He sighs. "Will you be back?" She asks. "Later, yes." He nods. "Will you stay with me again tonight?" She asks. "Maybe, if you behave." He says; winking at her. She giggles, "okay."

He leans down and gives her a quick peck before grabbing his hoodie - which he took of during the night. "See you soon, babe." He smiles softly at her. "See you soon." She smiles back at him. He sighs before walking out the room - closing the door behind him. He then rushes to the break room, in hopes that maybe Josh or JJ has brought his work clothes (his lab coat) with them.

-

Simon's POV

"Here's your shit, Simon." Josh simply says as he throws me my lab coat. "Thanks man." I smile at him. "Why'd you leave during the night?" JJ asks. "There was an... An issue." I say. "What?" Josh asks. "What, what?" I ask. "What was the issue?" Josh asks. "Something went of with Jessica." I sigh. "What?" JJ asks. "Curtis, aka her gym teacher managed to get into her room and scare her." I explain. "Fucking hell." Josh mutters. "I know." I sigh. "And you stayed here all night?" JJ questions. "Mhm." I hum. "Cute." Josh lightly chuckles. "I guess." I shrug.

"Anyway, get ready Simon, it's another busy day today." Josh says before walking out. JJ follows behind in silence. I sigh as I throw my lab coat on. "Fucking hate busy days." I mumble to myself before walking out.

-

Jessica's POV

❝Another night in yellow light,

Hearing people stumble home.

Lighting up,

I'm tired of wondering if you're alone.❞

❝But my friends keep saying,

He's a cold heart killer.

Make you crazy, yeah,

He's smooth as liquor.

So damn dangerous,

I got too close.

Oh, I should've known better.❞

❝I'm telling myself, I'm telling myself,

I don't need you anymore.

I'm telling myself, keep telling myself,

I don't need you anymore.❞

[Song: cold heart killer by Lia Marie Johnson]

I softly sing to myself as I wait for a nurse or doctor to come in with some food which I'm bound to turn my nose up at. (Not eat). And soon enough, a doctor, Dr. Bradley aka Josh, walks in with a tray of food. 

"Morning Jess." He smiles at me as he sets the tray down on the table in front of me. "Morning." I smile back at him. "Sleep well?" He asks. "Eventually." I lightly chuckle. "Simon told me what happened," he admits. "Oh." I hum. "You okay?" He asks. "Yeah, thanks." I nod. "Yourself?" I ask. "I'm getting there, thanks." He smiles at me. "What d'you mean?" I ask. "I'm just slightly stressed, that's all." He says. "With what?" I ask. "Relationships." He says. "Your girlfriend, or boyfriend being a dick or something?" I ask. He laughs lightly, "no." "Oh." I hum. "My girlfriend is... Needy, lets say." He says. "She wants all your attention." I say. "Mhm." He hums. "But, you've gotta work?" I question. "Try telling her that." He chuckles. I laugh along with him.

"Anyway. I've gotta go now." He says. "Have fun." I smile at him. "I'll try." He says, making me laugh. He just chuckles slightly before walking out - closing the door behind him.