33

A few hours later.

Tobi's POV

"Hey Tobi." Freya smiles at me as I walk over to her. "Hey Frey." I smile back at her as I pull her into a quick hug. 

No. Me and Freya aren't seeing each other behind Josh's back. I wouldn't do that to him. He's my bestfriend for God's sake.

"We need to talk," I sigh as we sit down on the nearby bench. "What's wrong?" She asks - concern in her voice. "It's about you and Josh," I say. "What about us?" She asks. "He's stressed because apparently you keep complaining about how you two don't spend a lot of time together." I explain. "We don't. It's annoying. I wanna see him more, Tobi." She sighs. "Freya, he's a doctor. He's always busy. You've got to understand that." I state. "I know. But still Tobi." Freya says. "But what, Freya?" I ask. "Why can't he make time for me?" She asks. "Again, he's a doctor. He's got patients to see. He's got lives to save." I sigh. "But I'm his girlfriend, Tobi." She says. "I know. I get where you're coming from Freya. I honestly do," I begin. "But you've got to take it easy on him. He's also stressed from work and everything else." I say. "If he's stressed from work, why doesn't he take time off?" She asks. I just sigh, not knowing what to say.

"I tell you what," I begin. "What?" Freya asks. "I'll make him take a week off work, and make him spend that whole week off with you." I say. "Can't you make it two weeks?" She asks. "I'll try." I smile. "Perfect." She smiles widely. "So, does that sound good?" I ask. "It sounds perfect." She smiles. "Alright." I nod.

-

Jessica's POV

❝I'm gasoline, you're fire.❞

❝Oh, you're burning me down,

Burning me down.

Oh, you're burning me down,

Burning me.

Light my body up.❞

[Song: Light My Body Up by David Guetta ft. Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne]

"Never heard that song before." The familiar voice of Layla says as she walks into the room. "It's a new song, that's why." I smile. "What's it called?" She asks as she sits next to me on the nearby chairs. "Light my body up," I say. "It's by David Guetta ft. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne." I smile. "Ah." Layla hums. "It's pretty good." I say. "I'll take your word for it." She smiles.

"Shouldn't you be at school?" I ask. "It's Saturday, Jess." She smiles. "Oh." I hum. "How can you not know what day it is?" She asks, chuckling. "Something called slight memory loss, Lay." I say. "True. But still," "But what?" I ask. "You're on your phone. It says that day on your phone." She says, pointing to my phone in my hand. "True." I nod. "I've just had a stressful night, Lay." I sigh. "Why?" She asks. "Curtis came into my room and nearly killed me." I explain. "Fuck. Really?" She asks. "Mhm," I hum. "Simon stayed with me the rest of the night." I sigh. "That's cute." She smiles. "Yeah, I guess." I smile...

[To Be Continued]