17

Simon's POV: a few hours later.

"It's wrong to fall for your patients, isn't it." I sigh as I sit next to Josh in the break room. "Kinda, I guess." He says. "Thought so." I mutter. "Why? Who've you fallen for?" Josh asks; curiosity laced in his voice. "Jessica. Which is wrong as she's seventeen." I huff. "It is a little wrong." He says. "But, like most people would say, you can't help who you fall for." Josh says. "True, I guess." I shrug. "Plus, I'm not saying this as like a good thing and that but, she's turning eighteen soon." He says. "That is true." I nod. "What's true?" The familiar voice of Harry questions as he sits next to Josh. "That Jessica's turning eighteen pretty soon." Josh says. "Oh." Harry hums. "It's a little sad that she'll be in here on her birthday." Harry sighs. "I don't think she will, actually." I chime in. "She won't?" Harry questions. "She's supposed to be graduating on her birthday, if I remember correctly." I explain. "Oh." Harry hums.

-

Jessica's POV

"Mum." I mutter as I turn to face her. "Hmm?" She hums. "I need... Help, I guess." I sigh. "What's wrong?" She asks. "Is it bad that I'm falling in love with my doctor?" I ask. "Who? Minter?" She asks. "Yeah..." I nod. "A little. I mean, you're seventeen and he's at lest in his early-ish twenties." My mum says. "He's twenty-four, mum." I sigh. "See. You're a little too young, dear." She says. "But, I'm eighteen soon." I say. "Still Jessica..." My mum sighs. "What?" I ask. "Won't it be a little... Weird?" She asks. "How so?" I question. "A doctor. Your doctor, and you dating. That's surely unprofessional." She says. "Once I'm out of here, it'll be fine." I say. "So, you're going to just date him as soon as you leave?" My mum asks. "I never said that, mum." I sigh. Slight annoyance in my voice. "Sounds like you did." She says. "I never, mum!" I yell. "Anyway, you can't help who you fall in love with mum." I state. A sigh escapes her lips. "That's true, I guess." She mutters. "I mean, you fell in love with my dad who's a fucking drug dealing criminal." I state. "I know, dear. I know." She nods. "So, you gotta give me some credit. I've picked someone who's a lot better than dad to fall for." I say. "That's true, dear." She nods again.  "So, you can't really complain too much." I say. "I guess." She shrugs. "But what about your gym teacher?" She asks. "Who? Mr. Minter who apparently doesn't exist?" I ask. "No. Mr. Parker." She says. "Who the fuck is Mr. Parker?" I ask. "The guy you've brought back home. The guy you've had sex with. The guy that love you. Your boyfriend, supposedly." My mum says. "My what?" I question in shock. She sighs as she gets her phone out. "Look. You with Mr. Parker." She says as she shows me a picture of me with some guy.

Wait... Mr. Parker. My gym teacher. Ew...

"Jessica?" My mum questions as she shakes my shoulder, snapping me out of my mini trance. "Mummy..." I mutter. "What?" She asks. "I remember now. That's my gym teacher that I apparently have a crush on, which I don't." I say in a rushed tone. "Calm down, Jess." She softly says as she holds my hand. "I don't like him, mummy. I like... No... I love Simon. I love my doctor mummy." I whimper. 

Why am I crying?

"Jessica, calm down." My mum says. "But, mummy." I sob. "I'll get someone." She quickly says before rushing out. 

❝I want Simon.❞ I whimper.