18

10 minutes later...

"Simon..." Jessica whimpers as he sits next to her. Her mother, Faye, had to leave for work. "Yes?" He asks softly. "I remember who I was in the car with." She mutters. Her bloodshot eyes never taking their sight of him. "Who?" He asks. "Mr. Parker. My creepy gym teacher." Jessica whimpers. "Layla told me that you have a crush on him." Simon says. "I don't. That's just a joke between me and Layla. He's actually creepy. He's weird. I don't like him." She says. "How's he creepy?" Simon asks. "At first, I thought he was being nice... But, it escalated a lot. One day after school, one thing led to another. Next thing I know, he's telling me to say that he's my boyfriend. He got aggressive every time I didn't. He never hurt me though. I feel violated. I feel disgusting. I feel ashamed." She explains. "It's okay, Jess." Simon mutters as he grips onto her tender hand. 

"Is he here? Is he in the hospital?" She asks. "Yes, he is." Simon nods. "Is he okay?" She asks. "He's fine. He gets to leave in a few days." Simon softly smiles. "He'll want to see me, won't he." She says. "Possibly. I mean, he does remember what happened. He remembers you, that's for sure." Simon says. "I don't wanna see him. He'll think that we're a thing, when we're not." Jessica says; her lips quivering slightly. "It's okay. I'll tell him that you're not allowed visitors or something." He says. "Thank you, Simon." Jessica sobs through relief. "Shh, it's okay." He softly coos as he rubs the pad of his thumb over her hand. 

-

"Simon..." Jessica mumbles quietly. "Hmm?" He hums. "Can I have... A hug?" She asks. "Sure." He smiles. 

He stands up, as she sits up properly. He then leans over and wraps his arms around her body. She wraps her arms around his shoulder/neck area. 

"I like this..." She mumbles. "Like what?" He asks. "This. This hug. This moment." She says. "Same." He says, almost like a whisper. "Shame we can't stay like this though." Jessica sighs as they pull away from one another. "I know." He sighs as he sits back down. 

-

"Can I ask you something?" Jessica asks. "Sure." Simon nods. "Why does Mr. Parker get to leave very soon?" She asks. "He woke up within a few days of being here, unlike you." He explains. "Oh." She nods. "But, you'll be leaving soon." Simon smiles. "But, I won't be able to see you." She says. A pout sitting on her face. "You will." Simon says. "Huh?" She hums in confusion. "Physio. As you're struggling to walk, you'll be coming in for physio." Simon smiles. "And I take it it'll be you helping me." Jessica smiles back. "Maybe." He smirks slightly. "Can't wait." She smiles brightly. "Me neither." He says.