13

Jessica's POV

The sound of light tapping on the window wakes me up. "When did I fall asleep?" I question myself as I sit up whilst rubbing my eyes. I look over to the window to see raindrops lightly tapping on the window, as they fall from the sky. "And when did it start raining?" I ask myself. I shrug it off. The weather changes here like every minute - or it feels like it at times. 

The light buzzing sound coming from the old, shitty hospital light mixes in the noise of the rain tapping on the window, and the sound of the wind howling. It honestly sounds like a scene from a horror movie. Cool, but no thanks...

The sound of the door opening makes me snap my head over to it. In walks Simon, with a tray of food, and some medication. "It's only me." He lightly chuckles. "You kinda scared me, you know." I say as he places the tray of food on the table in front of me. "Sorry." He says. "It's fine." I smile at him. He smiles back at me before places the little pot of medication on the bedside table. "Pillows are comfy then." He smiles brightly as he sits on one of the chairs next to the bed. "Indeed." I nod. "I walked in earlier, but you were asleep. I didn't wanna disturb you, so I just left." He says. "Bless you, Si." I lightly giggle. "I'm a nice guy, what can I say." He chuckles. "Indeed you are." I smile. "Anyway, eat your food." He says as he points to the tray in front of me. "It looks horrible though." I whine. "You need to eat, Jess." He sighs. "Get me something decent then, please." I mutter. "Like what?" He asks. "Fish and chips (fries)." I smile. He sighs again as he stands up. "I'll see what I can do." He says as he grabs the tray of food. "Thank you Simon." I smile brightly at him. "I'm only doing this so you actually eat something." He says. "I know, but still, thanks." I smile. "Anything for you, Jess." He smiles back at me before walking out. 

"Bless him." I mumble quietly to myself with a smile as I lean back against the pillows. 

-

Thanks for nearly 1K reads! We're pretty close! So, thanks!