21

Jessica's POV; 5 minutes later...

❝I need a gangsta, 

To love me better,

Than all the others do.

To always forgive me.

Ride or die with me.

That's just what gangsta's do.❞

❝I'm fucked up.

I'm black and blue.

I'm built for it,

all the abuse.

I got secrets that nobody, nobody knows.❞

❝I'm hooked on, that pussy shit.

I don't want, what I can get.

I want someone with secrets

That nobody, nobody, nobody knows.❞

. . .

"I swear that's your favorite song... Well, that's if you remember that." The familiar voice of Layla lightly chuckles as she walks in. "I remember singing it a lot. I didn't realize it's my favorite song." I say as she sits down next to me. "Well, now you know." She smiles. I lightly chuckle, "I guess I do." 

"Anyway, how have you been?" She asks. "Alright." I shrug. "That's good." She smiles. "You?" I ask. "I've been fine, thanks." She says. "Anything new happen?" I ask. "Just the teachers, and us students preparing for graduation." She sighs. "How fun." I lightly chuckle. "Yeah..." She sighs again. "You'll be back at school on time, right?" She asks. "I should be." I nod. "Good." Layla smiles widely. "But, I'll probably be in a wheelchair, or on crutches as I can't walk very well." I sigh. "That doesn't matter Jess. What matters is that you're graduating." She smiles softly at me. "True." I sigh. "So then I take it you'll be going through physio, or something like that?" She asks. "Mhm." I hum. "With who? Like, which doctor?" She asks. "Simon." I smile. "Awe. That's good." She says with a warm smile. "Yeah." I nod.

. . .

"I forgot to mention," I begin as I lean back against the pillows. "What?" Layla asks. "I remember most things." I say. "Like what?" She asks. "Creepy Mr. Parker..." I mutter. "Why's he creepy?" She asks. "He practically forced me to call him my boyfriend to my own mum. We had sex God knows how many time. With consent though. And, he just made me feel gross." I list. "Fuck man... No wonder you'd always act weird around him ever since that so called meeting with him." Layla sighs. "I wanted to tell someone, but I was scared he'd hurt me. He'd basically threaten me. He never hurt me, but he did threaten to." I begin to sob. "Hey, hey. It's okay now Jess. Calm down." Layla softly says as she holds my hand. "I'm just scared that he's going to visit me, as he leaves very soon." I whimper. "Shh, shh. It's okay. I'm sure Simon or anyone else won't let him near you." Layla softly coos. "Simon said that he won't let him visit me. But, I'm scared that Josh, or Tobi or any other doctor will let him." I croak out. "Shh, Jessica. I'm sure Simon will tell them not to." She mutters. 

"I need water." I croak as tears rapidly fall down my face. "I'll get someone to sit with you, whilst I get you some water." Layla mutters before rushing out.

. . .

A few seconds later, surprise, surprise, Simon rushes in. Concern written on his face. 

"You okay?" He asks as he engulfs me into a hug. "I'll be fine, hopefully." I whimper into his shoulder. "Layla told me you had a little panic about Mr. Parker," He mumbles as we pull away from one another. "Yeah. Yeah, I did." I nod. He sits down next to me as he gently grabs my hand. "And it's okay. He's not coming near you Jess." He softly says. ❝Promise?❞ I ask. ❝Promise.❞ He nods.

"Now, Layla's getting you water as you know." He says. "Mhm." I hum. "And, I'm not leaving until I know you're fully calm." He says. "Thank you." I weakly smile. "Anytime, Jess." He smiles back.

. . .

"How did the conversation about Mr. Parker come about?" Simon asks, just as Layla walks back in. "I was just telling Layla how I remembered a lot of things. That happened to be the first things that came out my mouth." I explain. 

Layla sits down next to Simon before passing me the already opened bottle of water. "Thanks, Lay." I weakly smile at her before taking a huge gulp of it. 

"I see." Simon nods. "But, like I said earlier, I won't let him near you Jess." Simon says. "Neither will I." Layla chimes in. "Nor will the other doctors - Josh, Tobi, Harry, JJ, etc." Simon says. "Thank you, guys." I smile at them both. "Anything for you, Jess." Layla smiles back at me. 

-

Thanks for just over 2K reads.