8

Jessica's POV

The sound of the room door opening fills the room. I look over to see a doctor walking in with a smile. It's not Simon though, which saddens me slightly. I believe the doctors name is Dr. Lewis. 

"You have a visitor." He smiles at me. Seconds later, Layla walks in holding a bunch of red and pink roses. "Bestfriend." She smiles at me as she walks over towards me. "Bestfriend." I smile back at her. 

From the corner of my eye, I watch as Dr. Lewis walks out the room. He closes the door behind him, leaving just me, Layla and my mum in the room.

"I got you some flowers." Layla smiles at me as she places them on the table in front of me. "Thanks." I smile back at her. "Oh, and Mr. Barn told me to tell you that we all miss you." She says as she sits next to me. "Well, tomorrow you can tell him that I miss everyone too." I say as I lean back more into the pillows. "Will do." She nods. 

-

Simon's POV

As I'm walking back to Jessica's room, Harry stops me. "Sup?" I ask as he stands in front of me. "Are you going back to Jessica's room?" He asks. "Yeah, why?" I ask. "Just to let you know, her friend is there as well now." He says. "Okay, that's fine." I nod before walking past him. 

I glimpse over my shoulder to see him walking the other way. 

-

I open Jessica's door and walk inside. Everyone in the room - Layla, Faye and of course Jessica - turns to look at me. 

"Hello guys." I smile politely at them as I close the door. "Hello Simon." Layla smiles back at me. "Hello." Faye smiles. "Hi again, Simon." Jessica says. 

I stand in front of Jessica's bed; my hands grip firmly onto the bars. "How you feeling Jess?" I ask as I look at her. "Alright I guess." She shrugs. "Not in any pain or anything?" I ask. "Not really. Got a headache, and my neck hurts slightly. Other than that, no." She says. "Why does your neck hurt?" I ask. "Because of this bed, and pillows. So uncomfortable." She says. "Well, I'll get you some better pillows later." I lightly chuckle. "Thanks." She smiles softly at me. I just smile back at her before turning to face her mum and Layla. 

"You two need anything?" I ask. "No thanks." Faye smiles at me. "I'm alright, thanks." Layla says. "Well, don't be afraid to ask for anything." I smile at them. "Anyway, Layla aren't you meant to be at school?" I question. "My headteacher, Mr. Barn let me leave early to see Jessica." She says. "Ah, I see." I nod. "I don't suppose this Mr. Barn is called Vik, is he?" I ask with a small smirk. "How did you know that?" Jessica asks. "Lets just say, I know him." I smile. "How?" Layla asks. "He's one of my housemates." I explain. "Do you keep him up to date with how Jessica is?" Layla asks. "Yeah, as he always asks." I nod. "Awe." Jessica coos. "Why doesn't he just visit?" Layla asks. "He's always busy, unfortunately." I sigh. "That's sad..." Layla mutters. "I'll try and get him to, if you'd like Jess." I say. "That'd be nice." Jessica smiles. "I'll see what I can do then." I smile back at her. 

-

Can I just say... Thanks for all the support on this fanfic :) Means a lot.