Chapter 23: A Meeting to be Held

Beginne am Anfang

"Huh? Oh, Duke Vernon and Duchess Tania, it's... a pleasure meeting you both..!"

The said couple, Duke Vernon and Duchess Tania appeared from the inner ward, and greeted Frisk instantly. Vernon was Frisk's uncle, on his father's side, and Tania is the wife of Vernon. He was wearing a uniform of an Admiral of the Fleet, a rank he earned in a battle against other humans, and she was wearing a specialized cloth for high ranks, basically called... branded just to make it short. Behind them, were three royal guards of him carrying his bags. They shook hands with Frisk, having a kind smile on both faces.

"Duke Vernon and Duchess Tania, why are you both dressed like that..? Shouldn't you be in a formal dress?"
Frisk asked curiously.

Vernon responded.
"Ah, I see... your father never told you..? Well, let me explain we all went to a meeting like two days ago, and we all agree to take a step forward towards the modern technology today. Instead of archers, or... knights..? We'll use soldiers, with guns and skills, and of course intelligence is a must!"

He then continued, "This'll be a big help to us because if we have advance technology than the other opposing kingdoms we could crush them instantly! Isn't that great?!"
Vernon laughed wildly, and Tania was nodding approvingly.

Frisk's response was just a nod.

"Oh, and your father asked me to give you this." Vernon motioned one of his royal guards to give Frisk the suitcase.
"Inside it, is your new uniform..! Just like mine, but of course you're the prince, so yours are much better."
He shrugged.

He then looked at his watch.
"I guess this is the time, precious Frisk...! At exactly 7:00 PM, we all should meet in the meeting room in your castle, all the other officials of other nonhostile kingdoms. It will discuss how the advancement of our modern technology, and our attacks in the other hostile kingdoms."

"Oh, I have a question though. Will the meeting include the Monsters?"
Frisk immediately asked.

"Ah, yes! Those Delta Rune people... or beings. They were classified as neutral by our 17th group in the West, and heck I'm sure they'll never declare a war against us! Your kingdom is the significant reason why the monsters lost the war! All thanks to your great grandfather!"
Tania answered, with a smile.

"I can't wait to meet Simon!"
Vernon clapped his hands together and made a pleased voice.
He continued, "That brat owes me some bucks." He snickered.

"Greet your father for us..!"
Not waiting for Frisk's response they left the castle with their three royal guards following them.

Frisk silently complained.
'Damn it, another meeting...!'
He then sighed.
'Maybe... it will turn great.. meeting new officials from the other kingdom is interesting at least...'
He grinned to himself.
'Especially, Chara- erm.. the Monsters.... well Chara too..'

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chara sneezed.

"Bless your pitiful soul."
Flowey commented while snickering, in the pot.

"Ugh. Would you... just shut up?!"
"I'm having a hard time thinking... things."

They, Flowey and Chara, were walking around, -well basically Chara is walking around while holding a pot-, on the wall walk of the 4th tower of their newly built castle. Like the society of the humans, they were also now in modern technology. A fact to be given, they were already in the modern technology long before the humans updated.

"And what are those 'things'?"
Flowey asked, curioused.

Chara only sighed, irritated.
"Ever heard of privacy, Flowey?"