The other | Lydia Martin |

The other by Lauv

"Who wrote the book on goodbye? There's never been a way to make this easy

"Who wrote the book on goodbye? There's never been a way to make this easy."

Lydia got accepted into a college pretty far away. She knew she wouldn't be able to handle a long distance relationship so she decided it was best to end it.
Saying goodbye to you was going to be the hardest thing she ever had to do. There was no easy way to end things.
You both were laying on her bed when she brought it up.
"I got accepted into the college I applied for."
You sat up and pulled her into a hug. "That's great Lyds! I'm so proud of you."
When she didn't return the hug you pulled away and gave her a confused look. "What's wrong?"
"Y/N, I can't do a long distance relationship. I can't handle that. I'll constantly be worrying about you and I don't want to deal with that."
You looked down and played with your thumbs. "Okay." That was all you could get out.
"Okay?"
"Yeah. I know this is your dream. Who am I to ruin that for you? You're going to do great things and I'm always going to support you and be there for you. I love you Lydia Martin."
With tears in her eyes she looked at you and smiled. "Thank you Y/N. Goodbye."
"Goodbye Lyds."
You stood up and kissed her forehead. You knew this was what she always wanted and with that, you left.

~~~
The ending was stupid but this is seriously one of my favorite songs!! ALSO IM AT 40K READS THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH