Epilogue

A year later

Danny's POV

It has been a year since my wife and I welcome our twin daughters; Madison Nevaeh and Piper Lomasi Walker. That's right; a month ago, Jaelyn and I got married. And I can even look back the day we announce our vows of devotion and love for each other. 

(A Month Ago - May 26, 2018)

"Danny, what token do you give as a pledge of the sincerity of your vows?" The pastor queries to me. I pick up the ring from the pillow one of Jaelyn's nephews, Ricky is carrying. I face my beautiful curvaceous queen with a wide beam spreading on my face while I devoutly answer, "With this ring, I thee wed." I twist the ring through Jaelyn's finger when I feel the slide of water falling down my cheek. Staring from her hair in an up-do with a flat twist on the left side like a side sweeping bang would look like, to her smoky eyes along with her deep dark red lips and her white dress with a sweetheart neckline, including a white lace cover for her shoulders. Also, there is a white sheer veil that is attached on the back of her head.

"Jaelyn, what token do you give as a pledge of the sincerity of your vows?" The pastor repeats the same question he previously asked me with his solemn voice. Jaelyn picks up the ring from the pillow that is presented by Ricky as her eyes are merely glancing at my eyes. "With this ring, I thee wed." Jaelyn answers as I feel the cold wedding band go through my finger. "Okay, Danny. Repeat after me." The pastor says and Jaelyn and I hold each other's hands.

"I, Danny, take you, Jaelyn, to be my wife, before God who brought us together, to love and cherish you, even as Christ loved the Church, and gave Himself for it, to lead you, and share all of life's experiences with you, by following God through them. That through His grace we might grow together into likeness of Jesus, our Savior and Lord." I vow the same my voice cracks and more tears spill on my face.

The more I watch the face of the woman I love so deeply much, the more tears leak down to my face like a dam bursts open. Along with her inner beauty, her outer beauty warms my heart. Jaelyn grabs the tissue out of the tissue box and gently blots the tears away. Gazing at me, water begins to flood on the bottom of her tears the same time her lips purse together before one of her rejoins with mine.

She sniffles before she responds, "I, Jaelyn, take you, Danny, to be my husband, before God who brought us together, to love and cherish you, even as Christ loved the Church, and gave Himself for it, to lead you, and share all of life's experiences with you, by following God through them. That through His grace we might grow together into likeness of Jesus, our Savior and Lord." Jaelyn promises as she tears up in her voice. My hand reaches for her face and my thumb wipes her stray tear away. The pastor ushers us behind the table that displays two candles and the pastors hands us the flame flickering candlestick to Jaelyn, lighting the wick of the candle in the glass and pass the end of the candlestick to me as he lights his candle. After lighting the candles of our representation of our lives together in this moment, we walk back to the altar with the pastor standing in the middle of us as he announces that he must speak a prayer.

Jaelyn and I hold each other's hands and close our eyes shut as the pastor is getting ready to speak. "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for this beautiful day. You have fulfilled the desire of the two hearts of Jaelyn and Danny to be together in their lives. We pray that your blessing will always rest upon their home; that joy, peace, and contentment would dwell within them as they live together in unity, and that all who enter their home that may experience the strength of their love. Father, help them to follow and serve you with a ever growing commitment because of their union. Guide them into greater love and sacrifice as they care for each other's needs, knowing you will care for them. May they always be as keenly aware of your presence as they sense it today on their wedding day. And may their devotion in marriage be a radiant reflection of your love for them. In the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior we pray. Amen." The pastor prays.