The Celebration of Love {Part Three}

Danny's POV

Right after Jaelyn's cousins Mitch and Michelle bear no malice about the bed sheets fiasco, Jaelyn's parents and my parents join all of us when three shuttle buses park outside on the parkway of the hotel. "Guys, the buses are here!" I announce to the gang and we all go outside of the hotel where we are being greeted by the hottest morning heat wave in the middle of July with today's temperature being ninety degrees Fahrenheit. I take Jaelyn's hand into mine as I wave my hand over my face to prevent the upcoming sweat on my forehead.

"Damn, it's hot!" I hear Randall complain as well as our families and friends agree behind us. "Yeah, it is a hot ass day." Jaelyn concurs, fanning at herself. I take out a portable handheld fan from the pocket of my dress shirt and pass it to Jaelyn. She looks at the fan in my hand and the corners of her mouth goes up. "Thanks, Danny." Jaelyn speaks and accepts the handheld fan I offer her.

"Aw, Danny! That is so generous of you!" I turn to face Miss Gloria, who is handing out the first paddle fan to me. "Thank you, Miss Gloria, and I have wonderful news your daughter and I want to share you, Mr. Rodriguez and my parents." I discuss and look over at Jaelyn running her hand over mine.

"Jaelyn Christina Rodriguez, is that what I think it is?" Miss Gloria questions with this incredible long gasp. "Oh, my baby's finally engaged!" Miss Gloria claps and a single stray tear falls to her cheek.

"Mom, don't cry and it's not even an engagement ring. It's a promise ring Danny gave me this morning. Well, it is a pre engagement ring." Jaelyn corrects.

"I don't care what it is. Jaelyn, I know so damn well that Danny is your soul mate for life. He is generous and he's a keeper. Keep your romantic relationship with him intertwined. No matter what; If it's good or bad, joy or sorrow, richer or poorer, in sickness or health, and laughter or tears, I can see you two getting married in the future." Miss Gloria sniffles and takes out a white tissue from her purse. Jaelyn uses her other hand to rub her mother's shoulder. "Love may have ups and downs like a roller coaster, but as long as you trust God, each other, your brothers, sisters, cousins, and us, your relationship with each other is pure love. You cannot be in love without trust, respect, honesty, commitment, and responsibilities because it would be a deception with abuse, infidelity, and lies." Miss Gloria counsels to both Jaelyn and I.

"Jaelyn Rodriguez. Danny Walker. Kendra Figueroa. Randall Walker. Trisha Walker- Millard. Jackson Millard. Michelle Rodriguez. Luke O'Sullivan. Camille Rodriguez. Brayden Moore. Kandi Rodriguez. Chris Ramirez. Vera Rodriguez. Patrick Henderson. Miguel Rodriguez. Samantha Nguyen-Rodriguez. Jerry Roberts. Brian O'Connor. The names that I just called, please be assigned to Bus A while I announce those who haven't been assigned to the next bus." The bus driver of Bus A informs. One by one passenger at a time, we get in the bus where we are absolutely blown away with the cool breeze that's coming from the air conditioner in the bus. Jaelyn takes the seat by the window and I sit beside her.

The song that is coming through the speakers is now playing "How Deep Is Your Love" by the Bee Gees. I hear something that's coming out of Jaelyn's mouth as a mumble. I listen to her by leaning close to her as she sings the lyrics of the song.

♫ How deep is your love ♫

♫ I really mean to learn ♫

♫ 'Cause we're living in a world of fools ♫

♫ Breaking us down ♫

♫ When they all should let us be ♫
♫ We belong to you and me ♫