The Threat

Jaelyn's POV

 Two weeks have passed and it's time to go back home in New York City! When we go back home, I will take my bubble bath with my beau and cuddle with him in my bed!

Our friends and families are hugging our friends from the state of California while Kandi and Michelle are hugging the members of the girl group, Royale and I throw my arms around Cecilia, Chase, and their three children, including Mariam. "It was a pleasure to have you at my daughter's wedding, querida (dear)!" Mariam's voice strains while she wraps her arms around my back.

"When you and Danny get married, I want the both of you to invite me and my family, including my niece, Stella and her group mates to your wedding. If we're busy, we're still gonna come to your big day. Can you cherish the promise, Jaelyn?" Mariam asks. "Of course, I will, Mariam." I vow and give her a hug while she hugs me back. She pulls away and speaks, "I hope you call us as soon as you and your family make it back home in New York City."

"Most definitely!" I agree and turn around to put my duffel bag in the storage doors on the bottom of the double Decker bus and getting in the bus. Danny and I are sitting by the window on the right side while Luke and Cousin Michelle are sitting on the left side. I stand up from my seat and go over the refrigerator to check if there's food... What the hell? I snap my head at Zhang and then, back at the empty refrigerator. He ate all the fucking food! One person eating all the food out of the refrigerator two weeks prior, I think in my head. Shaking my head, I return to my seat and take the prune out of the bag. Admire at the fruit, I take a bite out of the fruit and chew. My eyes close in a drift and I breathe through my nose as I taste one of the best fruits after my taste buds just beg for me to eat something sweet.

"Cousin Jaelyn!" I turn to face my Cousin Michelle. "Since when did you enjoy eating prunes? I thought prunes make you go to the bathroom?"

"I just have a craving for fruits when we went to the Food Market. One minute, I would savor something salty and the next thing, I'm craving for something sour and sweet." "When are you gonna have your period again?" Cousin Michelle asks me.

"My period was supposed to be due on the sixteenth and my next period is due on three days, which will be on August 10th or a day or two after the tenth." I predict and at the same time, my Mom walks pass me with three grocery bags by her side and stocks the refrigerator with food and my Uncle Bernie and Aunt Vivian bring in the cart of food from Chick Fil A while my Dad wheels in the other cart of Chick Fil A food in the bags. He hands me my order in the bag, which consists a chicken biscuit sandwich, hash browns, and a fruit cup. "Here's to you, Jay Jay Bird." Dad says and gives Danny his order. "Thanks, Dad." I encourage and put the half bitten prune I've ate minutes ago in the bag. "You're very welcome, sweet pea." Dad displays a smile of affection to me before he goes to Cousin Michelle and Luke.

"Okay, does everybody have their food?" I turn around to see Aunt Vivian standing beside Uncle Bernie, and our parents. "Because we're getting ready to pray!" Aunt Vivian announces. I interlock my fingers into a ball, bow my head down, and shut my eyes. "Dear God, Our Heavenly Father. Thank You for the meal that we're about to eat. Please bless our food and help our bodies to use this food to nourish this food and keep us healthy." Aunt Vivian prays.

"And we want to say, thank You for reuniting Gloria and Bernard with Vivian and Bernie after twenty five years of being consumed by their addiction to crack cocaine. Thank You for welcoming them back into Jaelyn's family and continue to bless them and bless us in Jesus' name I pray. Amen." Miss Tessa addresses.

"Amen!" The fifty eight of us repeat and I open my eyes, remove my fingers from the intertwining ball of my hands, and raising my head before I am prepared to eat my food. Picking up my chicken in the biscuit from the bag, I take a bite out of the breakfast sandwich and enjoy the juicy savory of the chicken. "Okay, ladies and gentlemen. It's time to go and please close your windows after you say bye to your friends." Zhang informs. Danny sits his food on the table and pulls the window down. I do the same thing and move closer to Danny , so we can smile and wave at our friends.