Plus Size Magazine of Santa Monica

Jaelyn's POV

The chorus of the song, "Good As Hell" by Lizzo blares through the speakers from my phone that disturbs me from putting the bag of the dress I purchase at the GS Loves Me store from the Long Beach mall. I look at the caller ID to see that it's Trisha calling me. I swipe answer and greet, "Hello?"

"Hey, Jae!" Trisha sings. "I'm calling to inform you that the photographer for the Plus Size Magazine of Santa Monica wants us to come and meet her and the models for the August issue.  They want us to meet them right now and they're having a Photoshoot at 3:50 in the afternoon near the Santa Monica Pier." Trisha says. Yeah, not only does the headquarters of the Plus Size Magazine take place in New York City, but they also take place in other cities of the states; Santa Monica, Houston, Chicago, Indianapolis, and Atlanta. As well as internationally; Barcelona, Milan, Northern Ireland, the United Kingdom, Australia, South Africa, Portugal, Canada, India, Mexico, Ethiopia, Denmark, Greece, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Paris.

"Okay. How many models will be posing for the August issue of the Plus Size Magazine?" I ask as I stand up from the edge of the bed to put on my sandals and gather my laptop, putting it into my handbag.

"There will be seven different models and the concept of the magazine for the next month's issue is about plus size females modeling in the last month of summer until the next year. When we think of August, we think of the MTV VMA's, the music festivals, and the end of Summer a month before school starts." Trisha explains.

Understanding the idea of the issue, I agree with Trisha's explanation. "Okay, I understand the concept." I concur. "That's great. I'll be coming to your suite in a minute from now, okay?" Trisha addresses. "Okay." I agree. "Love you, Jaelyn." Trisha says.

"I love you, too, Trish." I bid farewell and hang up.

"Il mio amore, who's that on the phone?" I face Danny. "Your sister was on the phone to tell me that the photographer for the Plus Size Magazine of Santa Monica wants Trisha and me to meet them and their magazine's seven models." I inform him.

"That's fantastic, ciccino! This generation is opening a lot of possible doors for both slender and plus size women to be equal on the front cover of a magazine. You and my sister make me very proud of you guys." Danny walks closer to me and squeezes my body tightly in his arms. I envelope my arms around his back the same time I slowly peer up at his face. My fingers slowly trace the stubble beard he's got going on his jaw line just as I feel his fingers removing my hair band and my hair falls to my back.

Then, his thumb rubs my bottom lip in a circular motion and I lean closer to his face. As I'm about to, the tip of my nose bumps against his nose. We pull away and massage the tips of our noses before we stare at each other prior to us laughing. Our laughs begin ceasing when I stand in front of him while he leans closer to my face and the tip of his nose strokes against mine. My eyes squeeze shut. "How would you feel if I want to take you out on a trip for you to learn about our cultures?" Danny queries.

The corners of my mouth curve upwards. "I'm all for it to not only know about where my ancestors were originally born from, but I like to know about your culture as well." I reply.

Danny's mouth lifts into a smile. "When you and Trisha get back from the Photoshoot, you and I are going out in town. Okay, la mia bella signora di spessore (my beautiful thick lady)?" Danny assures.

"A deal's a deal." I agree just as the knock on the door occurs. Danny walks his way to the door and opens the door to reveal Trisha standing in the door frame. "Hey, big sis!" Danny exclaims and wraps his arms around Trisha's back while this time around, Trisha snakes her arms around his back. "Hey, little brother!" Trisha greets and they break apart as she walks to me, wrapping me in her arms. I envelope my arms around her back. We break apart and Trisha asks me, "So, Jaelyn, are you ready to go?"