Bad Day

Jaelyn's POV

"Fatty fatty, two by four! Can't get through the limousine door!" The immature teenagers taunt. I get up from my seat to sock my fist at the girls who call me fatty. "Bitch! I am not a fatty; I'm curvacious!" I yell.

Buzzzz!

I hit my alarm clock off to see the time is 7:21 AM. Typical Mondays! I walk to my closet to sort out my outfit of the day for work and then heading to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I just apply minimum amount of matte rouge lipstick and brush my hair in a securing bun, leaving a strand of curl framing my face.

I change into my clothes and decide to write Cousin Michelle that I'm off to work. I lock the door behind me and abandon the apartment complex. Not having breakfast yet is making a plus size sistah like me hungry, so I decide to order at the drive thru of McDonalds. After receiving my breakfast from the drive thru, I drive ahead to work and decide to eat my breakfast consisting pancakes, hash browns, and a cup of coffee outside of the building of the Coco Enterprises. The signature New York noises of the cars honking due to traffic , people chattering on their phone, parents walking their children to the nearest bus stop for school, and the doors of the Taxi closing are the true definition of the city never sleeping. I look at the time of my phone and it is 7:45 AM! I have to get into the building by eight! I'm an early workaholic- so, I love arriving to work on time because my Mama always say; 'If you wanna be a real woman, a real woman needs to know what she's doing, work like a boss, stop denying like she doesn't know, keep her legs closed, and settle with one partner at a time.'

I throw away the empty platter and I drink all of my coffee in the nearby garbage can, wiping my mouth with a napkin. Oh, crap! I ruined my lipstick! Oh, well! I can just rub my lips together to have some remaining lipstick on my lips with my mirror. I stand up from the bench, but feel soft, yet strong tug on my bun. I wince as I try to remove something that is tugging on my bun and after I do, I turn around to find my favorite scrunchie plummet in a pool of the rain puddle! Damn it! This is the scrunchie Kendra's six year old daughter, Violet made for me! Ah, I'll wash it when I have the time to use the bathroom. After picking up the scrunchie and placing it in a cup, I pull the handle to open the door and allow a suave gentleman enter the building. "Thank you, Ma'am." He replies. "You're welcome, Sir." I say.

The Coco Enterprises is the first company to have escalators in New York. The shiny marble tiling floors, ivory walls, elaborate views of the outside and the chandelier hanging on the ceiling. Don't get me wrong- The company also has elevators, but the escalators are restricted for novices and beginners because they're like freshmen and sophomore students in college, looking desperately to find and keep a job while they're in secondary schools. As I reach to the third floor after two trips from the escalators, my phone buzzes. I pick it up and read,

'We need to have a discussion on the fourth floor NOW!!'

What did she have for breakfast? No-shine cereal with piss and anger in her coffee? I take another trip on the escalator, not knowing what is yet to come. I open and close the door behind me with the diva of New York; Coco DiMicco resting her hands and arms flat on the long work table with a folder resting flat in front of her.

"Good morning, Coco-" I begin.

"Cut the, 'Good morning, Coco,' bullshit, Ms. Rodriguez!" Coco hisses. Then, she slams her balling fists on the table. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?! After seven years of working with me!" Coco screeches.

"Mrs. DiMicco, what is the problem?" I question.

"Oh!" Coco gasps dramatically. "You want to know what the problem is?" She questions. "Angelica!" Coco calls. The door opens to reveal the bitch, who is Coco's assistant. Angelica walks in the room wearing a plaintive that is clearly NSFW due to her wearing a plunging neckline halter top , a pencil skirt, and stilettos that tallies with a bleach blonde Bob haircut, green envy eyes, fuchsia eyeshadow, and hot pink lipstick that is smeared on the corner of her mouth. She stands next to Coco and slides the light yellow envelope to me, but it falls to the base of my feet. I buckle my knees, trying not to let my skirt rise to my ass while I'm picking up the envelope and standing back up. I open it with my eyes in an unsatisfactory matter of this scandal.