The Greatest Birthday of All {Part Two}

Danny's POV

Minutes after I called Jaelyn to say Happy Birthday, I jump ahead to the bathroom to shave the fuzz on my jaw. After brushing my teeth in the shower, I walk to the nearest closet in my room to choose an outfit for my morning jog. I sit on the edge of my bed to centralize my hands and eyes on my shoe laces before I get ready to head out of my apartment with my MP3 player in my hand. As soon as I'm outside of the apartment complex, I create a Happy Birthday post with the picture of Jaelyn and me celebrating our first Valentine's Day with our families in New Jersey on Facebook.

I start typing. 'Last year on December 14, I was having a bad morning until God's fate introduced me to Jaelyn by her slamming the door open at me with my cup of coffee spilling on me! I know Words can't explain how this woman makes me feel everyday. Happy birthday, la mia bella vero amore curve (my beautiful curvy true love). I love you so much! ;-*"

I post my message and press play on my MP3 player to listen to Cha Cha Cha by Jimmy Luxury, which is the song from the Corona Light commercial.

♪(Cha cha cha) Don't you know that I love ya?

♪(Cha cha cha cha cha) Always thinking of ya

♪(Cha cha cha) Won't ya come be my baby?

♪(Cha cha cha cha cha) Your cha cha cha drives me crazy.

I sing as I jog on the jogging path of Central Park until a further distance, I spot a flowers salesman selling flowers from the Parisian flowers cart. "You're welcome and have a nice day." The flowers salesman says to the previous buyer before he turns to my direction. "Hello, young man! Which flowers would you like to purchase, young man I've got Roses, Tulips, Zinnias, Calla Lilies, Plumeria flowers, Dahlias, Hibiscus, Sunflowers, Jasmine, Orchids, Lavender, Tiger Lily, and Daisies."

I tell the flowers salesman to hold on as I take out my phone and I take out my phone, it goes off. I look to see Jaelyn's Cousin Michelle calling me and I answer it. "Hello?"

"Just calling me to ask what Jaelyn's favorite flowers are?" Michelle hints. With Michelle's approach of foreshadowing, I simply agree. "Yeah."

"Her favorite flowers are Orchids because they are my Aunt Gloria's favorite flowers and she had a bouquet of orchids on her graduation day." Michelle tells me.

"Okay, thanks, Michelle and keep my girl busy today." I mention.

"Oh, I know you'll keep my Cousin Jaelyn preoccupied tonight with Color Me Badd and shit! You'll be blasting from I Adore Mi Amor to I Wanna Sex You Up as well as the other lovemaking music, like 'You send her swingin', like Mint Condition." Michelle adds. I can't help, but laugh because Jaelyn and her family are like a family of comedians similar to my family.

"Talk to you later, Michelle." I say.

"Okay, bye." Michelle replies before she hangs up. I tell the flowers salesman that I would like to purchase a bouquet of orchids and he tells me that they only cost twenty dollars. I take out a twenty and he delicately hands me the bouquet. I say, "Thanks," to him before he replies with encouragement.

My phone goes off and I swipe my finger to answer my Mom's phone call. "Good morning, Mom." I reply.

"Buongiorno, il mio ultimo figlio nato (Good morning, my last born child)! Did you call Jaelyn to say 'Happy Birthday?'" Momma asks me.

"Good morning, Momma, and yes, I did. I just bought a bouquet of orchids." I remind Momma. "Ooh, that's a good thing I called you! Miss Gloria wants you to help her, Mr. Bernard, your father, and Randall decorating Jaelyn and her Cousin Michelle's residence." Momma informs.