Saving a Relationship

Danny's POV

 After the confrontation between my father and I, including my il mio amore leaving me; Randall, Jackson, and I are at a bar in Downtown New York City as Ne-Yo's song, "So Sick," comes on the radio.

♫ And I'm so sick of love songs ♫

♫ So tired of tears ♫

♫ So done with wishing you were still here ♫

♫ Said I'm so sick of love songs so sad and slow ♫

♫ So why can't I turn off the radio? ♫

I douse a clear glass of water down my throat, despite the fact that when drinking alcohol, it could lead to secrets that are kept in your mind like a safe be revealed with deception and temptations. Why would I drink alcohol when I rather think about my il mio vero amore (my true love)? I miss her warm vanilla sugar aroma, her sassy and confident personality, her moans when we make love, the way she has an impact of bringing my family and I closer with her until my father ruined our brief engagement for bringing Cynthia and Angelica. And Jaelyn brings the humor to my life.

"It's fucked up with the way Dad brought Cynthia and Angelica with him tonight." Randall sucks his teeth before he picks up a shot glass and douses a glass of liquor down his throat, which I understand burns. Heartbreak burns like drinking an alcoholic drink for the first time that can burn your throat. I blankly stare at the drink Randall has and I squeeze my eyes shut, shaking my head side to side. "Randall, why do you even need to drink vodka after our women left us?" I question.

Randall removes the glass shot from his mouth and taps the bottom of the glass against the bar table. "Because I actually have feelings for Kendra. Even though Kendra and I have sexual tension more than once or two times, I've started enjoying to have Violet in my life. It's like she's my child when her mother and I were together." Randall hangs his head to his chest before he raises his head with tears rolling down on his face.

"Before Kendra and Violet entered my life, I was used sleeping with multiple women ever since I was eighteen and I never dated single mothers before until the particular woman did." Randall's voice cracks and takes something out of his wallet.

"This is what I want my future to look like." Randall shows me a picture of him, Kendra, and Violet with cheesy smiles on their faces during New Year's Eve when I introduced Jaelyn with Momma. Oh, boy. I can imagine how Momma feels about Jaelyn leaving me after Angelica lied about me impregnating her. I honestly didn't know Angelica was Jaelyn's co-worker.

"You, know, Randall." I start with a brief chuckle. "Jaelyn told me about her dream that we have four kids and it takes place during Christmas. She told me that our four kids and I bought her a pack of Tic Tacs while Jaelyn bought them new toothbrushes—"

"Hold up! A pack of Tic Tacs?" Randall raises his eyebrow and his eyes dance around the corner of the bar before he titters. "Yeah, a pack of Tic Tacs, I know." I laugh before my mouth frowns. "I not only see Jaelyn as my friend, but I look at her as my wife, the mother of my children, and my curvy queen." I address and heave my chest, so I can sniffle through my nose and drink more water.

"Water is the sobriety version of drinks that contains alcohol because when people drink, they say things that were saved mentally in their heads aloud and they view drinking as the remedy to cure heartbreak. Drinking is not the remedy to solve problems. It's just that the person's conscious needs a remedy." I profess.

"That's deep, man." Randall agrees and raises his glass up the air before he sits the glass back on the table. "Damn, right." Jackson concurs and nods his head. I listen to the bell for the door ringing. "Bartender, I'll just have a glass of Coke." An orotund male voice speaks and I turn to meet face to face with Jaelyn's Uncle Bernie. "Hello, boys!" He comes to us and gives us a handshake one by one before he sits on the stool.