The Preparation Talk

Danny's POV

Jaelyn, her Cousin Michelle, Michelle's boyfriend Luke, Trisha, Jackson, Lucas, and I are sitting on the couch and watching Camille being one of the five hosts on the Morning Chat show with Mother's Day as the topic of the day.

"We are gonna play a game called, Pimp Mama's Nails!" Camille's co-host, Harmony exclaims on the TV. The girls are painting their mothers nails with new chic designs, especially Camille painting Ms. Gloria's nails. "They did an impressive job!" I surprisingly reply. "Yes! Camille is super adroit on nails, entertainment, music, and hair." Jaelyn agrees. Jaelyn scoots closer to me and I swathe my arm around the nape of her neck and kiss her on her left temple. Leaning to her ear, I ask her a personal question that could be a perchance too far in a relationship.

"Are you a virgin?" I ask. Jaelyn broadens her eyes and turn to my direction. "Yes, I'm a virgin. Why'd you ask? Jaelyn speaks.

"Because I didn't know if you'd be offended if I ask you if you're a virgin." I explain. Jaelyn's teeth clench onto her bottom lip into a naughty smug. I'd love to bite those lips of hers and caress her curves when I go to sleep. "I don't mind about you asking me that question." Jaelyn smiles.

"I don't know what you two are talkin' about, but it sounds like you two are bringing heat over here." Michelle announces. Jaelyn turns her head at Michelle. "What makes you think that, Cousin Michelle?" Jaelyn chuckles.

"Because of your body language" Michelle elucidates.

Jaelyn and I chortle and I hook my thumb under her chin to give her a kiss by her lips. The ringtone on Jaelyn's phone blares. "I'll be right back." She tells me as she stands up from the couch and takes her call to her bedroom. My eyes roam to her callipygian- Damn, she really has a beautiful view! As I'm about to stand up, a hand pulls my hand to sit back down.

"Danny, are you and Jaelyn discussing the sex talk?" Trisha asks me. Even though Jaelyn and I are discussing about the intimate stair of our relationship; I don't want to overstep the stage of our courtship by saying, 'Oh yeah! My name is Danny. Do you want to take a ride with me to my apartment, so I can get in your pants?' No, thank you! Those are the devil's words he's trying to put in our heads! I'd preferably follow Jesus' laws, promises, and commandments instead of the devil retrogressing me back to the past.

"Yeah." I admit. Trisha looks to her right to glance at Michelle and Luke cackling at the TV. "You know I don't want you to deceive her feelings with your manhood. Are you and Jaelyn sure about this?" Trisha queries. I scratch the back of my neck nervously.

"If she's ready, then I'm ready because Mamma didn't raise man whores." I clarify. Trisha beams at me and cups her hand on my shoulder. "I am truly blessed you are my baby brother." Trisha states.

"Thank you, Trisha." I reply and give her a one arm hug because she's holding Lucas before we remove our arms around our backs. Jaelyn comes back in the living room to sit beside me.

"What'cha guys talking about?" Jaelyn asks.

"I just told my lecture to Danny like a Dutch uncle- well, an Italian uncle-aunt because Italian is our secondary language and a part of our heritage. Oh! Jaelyn, we will be returning to work on Monday and Roscoe will give you your paycheck when we leave work." Trisha tells. "That's great!" Jaelyn cheers.

A Week Later

I pull up to the nearby Health Clinic and enter to check in. The sweet stubby receptionist nods her head with a smile as I take a seat in the waiting room. I check my phone to see if there are messages from Jaelyn; however there is none. Deciding to send her a text, I type, 'Just arrived at the clinic! Praying that you're still clean lol! ;)'