The Glue That Binds Lovers

Jaelyn's POV

After driving fourteen minutes down to my Uncle Bernie and Aunt Vivian's condo, the girls and I enter the building and Cousin Michelle presses the button to get the elevator to open. Once the doors of the elevator opens, the six of us get in the elevator and Cousin Michelle presses the button to get to the sixth floor. "Michelle, where do your parents live again?" Kendra queries.

"They live here on the sixth floor and apartment 6B. My brothers and sisters and I've seen it and it's very modern and chic. I would take Luke there and give him the 'Uhh! There It Is!'" Cousin Michelle squats and shakes her hips up and down as well as shaking her butt. My lips firmly press together and I shake my head. My Cousin Michelle loves to get her Nae-Nae on with Luke, but hey; I'm being for real, for reals that we have stamina to get it on in our relationships. The doors of the elevator spreads widely to reveal Aunt Vivian welcoming us with a genuine smile, but her smile drops into a frown and twists her lips as well as putting her hands on her hips and tapping her foot against the shiny dark oak wood tiling floor. Then, she folds her arms in front of her chest and mouths, "You better get that girl to stop before I pop her." I turn around along with the girls to get Cousin Michelle to stop twerking and she begins to sing, "Work," by Rihanna featuring Drake.

"COUSIN MICHELLE!" Kandi, Vera, and I bellow while Trisha and Kendra shout simply, "Michelle!" "What?! Cousin Michelle yells before a sharp throat clearing is heard. I watch Cousin Michelle widening her eyes from us to her mother. Her lips part and her teeth shows. "H-hey, Mom!" Cousin Michelle stammers and embarrassingly laughs, standing back up from squatting.

"Don't, 'Hey, Mom,' me! And what happened to your nose?" Aunt Vivian queries. "Cousin Kandi slammed the door against my nose when the girls and I were at the bathroom of Wendy's, Mom!" Cousin Michelle tells and Aunt Vivian turns to face us. "Ladies, please get out of the elevator and wait in the living room. I'll be there in a minute." Aunt Vivian tells and the five of us exit the elevator and walk into the spacious living room with brown drapes by the window with a crème three piece sectional sofa with a rectangular shaped ottoman that has legs. The yucca plant displays between the windows and the bookcase that is decorated with books and photos of our family members and some of the people that are in the photos are unknown. I take an interesting glance at the certificates and the two books they've written displaying on the book stands when a loud sound echoes down the hall. My head turns to the hallway. "Ow! What was that for, Mom?"

"For doing that hoochie mama dance! You want me to buy you those ugly clear boots that are as clear as a fish bowl and dance at a dance club? Only video vixens and strippers twerk, not any of my children and my nieces. Ahora ve a la sala de estar (Now, go in the living room)." Aunt Vivian scolds the last part in Spanish. Seconds later, Cousin Michelle comes to the living room and we all sit down on the couch when a hand softly touches my shoulder.

I turn to the right side where someone touches me and Lomasi's white gown as well as her body fades in. "Hello, my great-great granddaughter." Lomasi gives me a broad smile and I smile back at her.

"God has a plan for your relationship with Danny and I know He will fix it because now that you have found out those deceivers have made an honest man a liar you thought he was, the only two honest people in your relationship are God and Danny because Jesus is his witness and they both know where and what Danny used to do in his past. Danny testified his past to you and I want you to testify your insecurities to God, Danny, your Uncle Bernie, Aunt Vivian, and everybody else in this living room." Lomasi wishes.
My eyebrows lower together and I tilt my head to the right side. "What other insecurities? I only have one when I used to be a klutz." I deny.

Lomasi purses her lips firmly, puts her hand on her hip, and tilts her head to the side. "Yes, you do, Jaelyn. You have another insecurity. I know you are not a fan of people insulting you because of your weight. Nevertheless, that does not give you the right to deride the victims' that you bullied back, the way their bodies look like physically. If they do not have anything positive to say, kill them with kindness; not with your fists. You are a grown, sassy woman to fight. How would you feel if your children feels like it is all right to bully people due to one little factor?" Lomasi inquiries.