I definitely didn't feel like babysitting the seventeen year old girl, but I felt like I'd be missing out if I didn't make an appearance at the party.

It wasn't my usual scene, during my years in high school Martha had only managed to drag me to a total of two parties. I always refused kind of scared to be around alcohol fuelled teenagers.

Yet since spending time with Harry I had continuously found myself being more daring. Stepping outside my comfort zone more. I no longer wanted to listen to every little thing my parents had warned me against.

"We'll drop her home and then go?" I suggested, I could tell Griffin was considering it. "She is that out of it she won't even notice" We both looked over to Martha who was now in an in depth argument with herself.

"Let's do it" he replied throwing his arms up in defeat before leaning towards the partition to let the driver know we needed to take a pit stop.

We had successfully managed to smuggle Martha into her house without waking her parents. Although her mum was probably knocked out on sleeping pills and her step dad was most likely away on business.

I felt bad that she was going to miss out on this high school milestone, but the amount of other parties she attended made up for it.

Griffin had gone off to find the bathroom fifteen minutes ago, leaving me in the kitchen leaned against the counter aimlessly swirling my drink around the plastic cup.

My best friend had convinced me earlier to have my first taste of alcohol, to no surprise I wasn't a fan at all. But to look the part and fit in I continued to carry around the remainder of the drink in the red cup, faking a sip every now and then.

Getting fed up with waiting around for Griff to return I decided to take a look around the party. The house was filled with those in my year from school and well as a tone of people I'd never seen before in my life.

I cringed as I passed a couple pushed up against the hallway wall, eagerly eating at each other's face. I walked into the next room only to be met with another couple sat on the couch going at it. The girl sat on the guys lap was essentially dry humping him.

As I made my way into the next room, a room complete with a pool table I noticed a familiar pink tie on the opposite side of the table. His arm was wrapped around her waist, holding her nice and tight as he talked to her.

It became apparent to me why Griffin had kept me waiting. He was stood here, moments away from kissing none other than Ella Edwards.

Although I was happy with him, he'd been crushing on her for months. I was beginning to feel annoyed with my decision to come tonight. I had assumed Griffin and I would stick together, spending our night dancing away and letting lose.

Surely I'd been naive to believe that.

I huffed and made my way to the open door that led out to the back patio. I leaned against the railing, observing the drunken teenagers messing around the pool. I was brought out of my daze when I felt a hand rest on the small of my back.

"You're the girl from my English class" he slurred "Ellie". I took a deep breath and turned to face the drunk male. It was one of the jocks; I believe his name was Brent or maybe Brett.

"It's Elsie actually..." I trailed off nervously as he took a step closer to me. "I don't care, you're hot" I felt repulsed by his words and the alcohol on his breath.

"The amount of times I've check your booty out as you're leaving the classroom" his hand reached behind me, giving my 'booty' a squeeze. I let out a shriek at his touch. "Damn girl" he slurred once again.

I tried to push him off, feeling incredibly uncomfortable by his close proximity and dirty mouth. "Aw baby, don't push me away." I cringed at his use of the pet name, the complete opposite feeling to how I felt when it rolled off Harry's tongue.

"Let's go somewhere and talk." He whispered into my ear, leaving a sloppy kiss on my neck. I pushed his chest catching him off guard as stumbled backwards, catching his balance before he fell down. A look of annoyance or maybe anger washed over his face as he walked back over to me grabbing my wrist.

His grip was tight as he tried to drag me towards the stairs leading down to the rest of the yard. I dug my heels in trying to resist his force. Everyone stood around us was completely oblivious to what was happening, all in their own little worlds.

That was until my foot made contact with the jocks crotch, sending him to his knees in a world of pain. I took the opportunity to make a run for it, I rushed into the house past Griffin who hadn't noticed a frantic me.

I fought the tears back as I neared the front door, pulling my phone as I pushed past people eager to get outside into the fresh air.

My finger scrolled through my contacts stopping at his name. I didn't hesitate to hit call.

Please pick up. Please pick up.

"Elsie?" A sleepy British accent answered the phone. "Harry" I spoke frantically, trying to distance myself from the party and the asshole I'd encountered.

"Elsie? What's wrong? Why do you sound so panicked?" He rushed, his frantic tone now matching mine. "I need your help." I sobbed.

I could hear him ruffling around, presumably clothing himself "Send me your location" He responded and I breathed a breath of relief.

"And Elsie, stay safe"

--

(Elsie's dress on the left, Martha's on the right)

Sooo I have no idea how American school or proms or anything work (do proms even have an after party???), so if something I said isn't actually correct then forgive me. But this is a work of fiction so does it really matter?

Shits a heap different over here in Australia lol

Also to begin with I had this story on mature, but that limits who can read it so I'm trying to keep it as PG as possible.

- K x

Elsie Rose // h.sOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara