Chapter ·52· Uh...your parents? prt 2

°Dyme and Mariah in the Media📷

Walking in behind Diya, we make our way up to a nice single home on the corner. We all stop at the front door and watch Dyme knock and ring the doorbell. A few seconds later, another girl comes to the door and let's us inside.

"Hey sister, how are you" the girl says, and gives Dyme a right off the bat. ...so..could this be Mariah?

Mariah is the only sister that Dyme has told me about in the past. But I never really got to see her in person, since her and Dyme hated each other growing up.

"Hey, you look good" Diya says, pulling away from the hug.

"Thanks. Hi, you must be Jay" her sister sticks out her hand.

"Yes, and you must be Mariah" I shake her hand.

"Yep, that's me and is that my little niece" she gasped and picked up Desiree.

Then Dyme grabbed my hand and lead me inside the house with her, coming up to a living room, where I assume her little brother was playing his game.

"Diya!" he paused the game immediately, rushing up to her.

"Heyy, I missed you so much JaJa" she picks him up and hugs him.

"I missed you more"

She smiled and looked over to me. "You remember my brother right? James?"

"Yeah I remember, Hey homie" I speak.

James is her kid brother and the one I can say she...loves most in her family. She truly loves this little boy, and I guess it's because she practically raised him while her parents were at work. I remember when the little guy used to stay with Diya for the day after school and then...me and Diya would um--have some alone time upstairs. He always interrupted and Diya would be mad pissed about it. ..some good times though.

"Hi.." he says shyly.

I watch her put him down and then pull me once again, leading me deeper and deeper into the house.

"Hija? Is that you" I hear the voice of an older woman say.

"Sí, mama" Diya says, pulling me into the kitchen where the older woman was. ...mm, I loved it when she spoke Spanish😍

"Ah! How are you Diya, my little girl" They hugged tightly but pulled away in seconds.

"¿Estoy bien usted?" Dyme asked.
(English: I'm good, you?)

"Oh, estoy bien. Estoy tan feliz que mi hija está finalmente aquí para visitar. te extrañe" her mother replies.
(English: Oh, I'm fine. I'm just so happy my daughter is finally here to visit. I missed you)

"Te extrañe tambien, mama"
(English: Missed you too, mama)

"And who is this?" her mother smiled at me.

"This is Jay, Desiree's dad"

"Ohh, hola, son in law" she pulled me into a hug.

"Hi, Miss Taylor"

"Oh sweetie, you can call me Ms. Kim"

"No problem"

"Now where is my neita?"

"Mariah has her, out there"

After listening to what Diya said, her mom walked off into the living room to go find Des. Leaving me and Diya alone in the kitchen.