Chapter .7. B-Ball or Him?

°The twins in the Media☝📷

________________
💗Armani's POV💗

Dribbling the ball between my legs, I bring it up to make a shot from the right and watch it go in as planned. I walk over and scoop up the ball, letting the next girl have a turn as I toss it to her.

We're having evaluations today, something we did to warm up at the beginning. Our first game was coming up soon and they wanted us to get as much practice in as possible.

Now sitting in the stands, I couldn't help but to notice my sister standing in line next. She had the slightest bit of interest and often looked down at her shoes. I hope the chicken-head ain't nervous.

Being playful, I flag her down with my hand and watch her turn her attention to me. I give her the chicken impression and jerk my neck, just to make her laugh but instead, she rolled her eyes and gave me the finger. ...I guess she was nervous.😏

Now that the girl was done, she handed the ball over to Angel who then takes a step up to the 3 point line. Not looking so confident, she bounces the ball a little and takes a shot. The ball sadly got stuck in between the rim and the board, something my sister never did.

Seeing what she did, she looked over towards the team seeing some disappointed but others were amused. Before I knew it, she was  storming off the court and headed for the locker room from her clear emotions.

There was something wrong with Angel and I just knew my sister wouldn't act like that. So I got up from my seat and approached the coaches.

"Hey Coach, she didn't mean to storm off like that. Please don't chalk up her paper"

He sighed. "She didn't even bother to get the ball down for the next person. She's making a bad impression--"

"I know but can she please have another chance. Something is wrong with her and I'm a about to go find out and bring her back. And I promise you, she'll do better than what she did. Trust me" I plead.

He looked down at his hands. "Fine. But I hope she knows that her position is on the line"

"I'll go see what's up" I said right before I jogged off the court.

Opening the locker room doors, I head inside and walk over to me and Angel's locker. I found her in no time, seeing her sitting on the floor in the corner with her head down.

"Angel?.......what's wrong?" I take a seat on the bench, facing her.

"Nothing..." she cried.

"Yes it is. Why are you crying then?"

I hear her sniff and lift up her head, showing me her running black eyeliner and glossy blue eyes. "He cheated on me--....like--like I was never good enough f-for him" she breaks down, grabbing her hair.

"Curtis?"

She nods and continues to cry. "We had a fight--"

"A real one? Did he hit you?"

She sniffed. "No...but he pushed me and I hurt my back"

"That son of a bitch. Look, I know you're heartbroken and upset but that nigga ain't worth it, Angel. He's a fuckboy wannabe thug faggot"

She laughed. "You called him a faggot?"

"You know what I mean but for real though. Don't let this break you down okay. You love him or basketball more?"

She wipes her face. "You know I love my B-ball"

"Coach doesn't know that. He was about to give your position up by the way you stormed off like that. But he's going to give you another chance, only because I took up for you"

"Thank you Armani, I um--I'm sorry for making us look bad. But, you know how much I loved Curtis too. The worst part is, is that I trusted him. I believed all his lies and...let him come back. We had a great time yesterday, like we even.....you know, did it. But once morning came and he was still drunk, he told me the truth, in which he was trying to keep from me. He even has a kid now Ari, a fucking kid! And that shit hurts me down to my soul, I ain't never been betrayed like that. And I don't know why he would do me like this..........we got along so well. I gave him everything, but it's over now" she wipes her tears away, confessing her pain.

"That might be over but now your basketball career is about to begin. You gotta look at the bright side boo, at least he won't be here to break your heart anymore. You'll see how easy it is to be without him. You still got me right and that dike girl from English" I tease.

She sucks her teeth. "Ugh. Don't even talk about that child" she laughs. "But thank you, Ari" she gives me a hug.

After our hug, we went back out on to the court, where everyone else was still warming up. Angel had to wait last in line in order to get another chance, but once it came time for her to perform, she did the damn thing.

Standing on all sides of the 3 point line, she made each shot on each of the three angles. The coach was pleased, and surely felt like....she redeemed herself and deserved to keep her position as guard.

===============================
Hey, thanks for reading💋

Next time on the Next Gen, we're going 3 months ahead of time😏 I can't wait for you guys to read when things start to pick up.🙈

Q: Basketball or him?