Chapter ·36· Mama's Guidance prt 2

°Kaila in the Media☝📷

=A few minutes later=🕢✨
(Kaila's POV)🎀

I walk into the visitation room next after Adriana had finally finished. I haven't seen nor talked to my mom in years. And I know it was wrong for me not to reach out to her instead but for the majority of time and after my dad died, I just didn't wanna be bothered with my mother. Its like we both parted ways after the incident and never looked back.

But now that I'm a mother myself, I can understand why she left us. My mom wanted to kill herself back then, I personally heard her say it. And I was only six at the time, so it bothered me a whole lot. But now that I'm living with Brandi, who is a great mother herself, I started to miss my own. Truth is, I've forgotten about my mother, I forgot that I could still see her. And....I just feel awful to confess that😔😞

Seeing my mom's face for the first time in years, I take a seat in front of her and pick up the phone. I can't believe I forgot how beautiful my mom was, even at her age she was pretty. Now I see where me, Jay and Adri get it from.

"Hey baby" she smiled, staring at me closely.

"Hey mom.."

"I haven't seen you since you were in the single digits. And now your all grown up and pretty. How have you been?"

"Good. How about you?"

"Uh I'm okay. My life is boring in here" she chuckled.

"Mm, when are you getting out?"

"Whenever my doctor says it's okay. But let's hear more about you Kai. I feel like my youngest daughter has forgotten about me..."

"Truth is I did and I'm sorry I have to confess that to you. Its just--after daddy passed, I.....I just grew apart from my family entirely. Even from JayJay and Adri for a while but it was hard to ignore them when we all lived in the same house. But, now I live with Brandi and......living there with her made me miss you. That's why I really wanted to come see you, I have so much to tell you. And I wanna reconnect our relationship again because...I miss my mom"

"I miss you too, I always did. And sure, we can start over. What's new with you?"

"Well firstly, I have a son now"

"What Kaila? Not you too"

I nod my head.

"So all my kids have their own kids now huh. Y'all wanna make me an old lady?"

I laughed. "I'm sorry mom. But um-- Adriana doesn't have any..."

"So I guess she didn't tell you yet.."

"Tell me what?"

"Your sister is pregnant but don't tell her I told you"

"Damn. I guess we're all old now, I'm a be an auntie again for the second time"

"Yeah, so how old is my grandson?"

"3 months. I just had him in July"

"Awe. What's his name and do you have a picture?" she asked.

"His name is Thomas Jacobson Allen *pulls out phone* and here is a picture"

"Awe. I can't wait to hold my grandbabies. He must look like his dad"

"Mhm.." ...that was the sad part😕

"Your with his father right?" she asked.

"Uh....no" I confess.

"Why not?"

"He's in jail?"

"Oh, really. What did he do?"

I look away from her. "When we were together, he used to um--abuse me. Do now he's away for some time. He would hit me, punch me, slap me, insult me...and the list goes on and on"

"Really baby? Why would you stay with him?" she looked at me concerned.

"I was scared to leave, honestly. I knew it would be consequences for it"

"Look, if I don't ever teach you nothing else. Never let a man hit you or treat you wrong. Don't be scared of not bum-ass nigga. You gotta brother, uncles and the authorities. That's domestic violence"

"I know and that's what he got charged with. He only got four years though"

"Good. Maybe he'll straighten out in there and come back a new man"

"Hopefully for his son's sake. It would be sad for Tom not to have a father in his life but I wouldn't want him to have an abusive one either"

"Shit. If I was there, I'd shoot his ass with my golden Ak-47. He's lucky they got me in here, Kai"

"Really mom? Why is it gold?" I chuckle.

"It makes the blood stand out when it splatters on to the metal" she shrugged. ....damn ma😨

"Damn. I thought you'd say because you had money like that"

"Yeah that too and because your mother is a Boss, honey. I'm thee Jamal Allen's daughter. The one who started the cartel in the first place"

"You heard about us getting robbed right?"

"Of course and I was pissed. We had money on top of money.....literally. I just can't imagine how that woman is spending it all. Probably buying 10 thousand dollar sweaters and shit. Blowing all my dad's hard earned money too. God, that pisses me off. When we're done talking, I'm a need you to tell your sister something okay. Tell her I said "Go get us our money back" and don't ask questions. She'll know what I mean"

=============================
Hey thanks for reading💖📚

Q: What do you think about Brianna?