Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Maddie woke up to screaming. Loud screaming. But as far as she knew, it wasn't screaming in pain or distress. She walked out of her bedroom and into the area where the screams were coming from.

Maddie's POV:

I stood there completely beside myself. Justin was there being held by a woman who I did not know. He was crying, repeatedly saying, "thank you. You're safe."

It was quite a while before I spoke up.
"Um, w-what's going on?" I stuttered out as it was still early in the morning.

"Um, I'm Darcy." The woman I barely knew went to hug me but I recoiled away. Justin gave me a death glare for it but I didn't care. I don't know this woman and I refuse to hug people I didn't know.

"I understand that this is all very confusing but..." she stopped and stared at me for a second.

"Wait....you're Maddie! The girl from the place where I was kidnapped!" Darcy pointed an accusing finger at me. Justin immediately came at my defense which I was incredibly happy about.

"Darcy, let's go into the other room." He said, wiping his face and leading her to the other hall way.

Here I was, being left alone. These past few months have been so confusing if I'm being completely and utterly honest. There have been so many emotions circling around my head.
It was only a few moments when Darcy came back crying. She ran and embraced me like she was not going to let me go.

"D-Darcy, can you let go of m-me? I- I can't breathe?" I could feel the lack of oxygen getting to me.

"Darcy.." I was going to knee her to get her off of me but Justin tore us apart.

"Justin told me everything. I'm so sorry." She apologized.

"What did I miss?" Fredo walked in, completely ruining the moment. Then, his eyes widen.

"D-Darcy?" Fredo stuttered out. She nodded, being equally as surprised. "Darcy?!" Fredo yelled again, running towards her then embraced her. He seemed to never want to let her go.

"F-Fredo. I-I c-can't b-breathe." Darcy struggled to breathe. Justin stepped in, tell Fredo to let her breathe. He did but not before Justin screamed at him.

Darcy and I let out a laugh, leaving the boys to figure it out themselves.

We walked to the patio. It was a nice, sunny day outside. We sat down at the table that had two chairs and glasses of lemonade waiting for us? I looked at Darcy and she looked at me. We both had the same what the hell? expression on our faces but decided to drink the glasses of lemonade anyway. I was dying of thirst to begin with.

"So, I didn't think we would meet this way." Darcy laughed, lemonade almost coming out of her mouth. I looked at her for a minute before realizing.

"Oh, you mean when I kidnapped you?" I questioned and she nodded in response.

"Sorry about that." I said sheepishly. I drank my lemonade to distract myself from the awkward silence that was occurring at the moment. It was five minutes before I finished and there was still no topic of conversation.

"Soooo...." I dragged on, hoping that a topic would come to my head.

"Why did you do it?" Darcy asked, referring to me kidnapping her. I sighed before ultimately telling her the truth, even though I clearly did not want to.

"I had no choice." I said, truthfully. She looked at me as if I killed her puppy. She wanted to say something but nothing came out. Her mouth closed. She grabbed her glass and left.

Darcy's POV:

I had no choice.
That's all she could say to me?! That one pathetic sentence?! Of course she had a choice! She could've said no! She could've called the police!

I know Justin said that she did not want to hurt me but I don't know if I believe either of them. I was in hell for I don't know even how long. But let me tell you, it felt like an eternity.

I saw the pitcher of lemonade on the counter and poured another glass. The curtain showing the outside patio was open. There she was, sitting there and drinking the lemonade. For the first time in my life, I felt intense hatred towards her. But it wasn't towards her as a person. It was what she put me through. Although, it seemed like she was forced, I still held resentment towards her.

And it felt awful. It felt sickening. It felt as if fire was burning around her and as much as I was conditioned to keep her safe, I wouldn't move. I couldn't move. Every once of my body wouldn't move even though I was screaming at it to move, even a slight movement. I moved from the kitchen to the patio, opening the door and called out to her.

"Come in Maddie." I found it ironic that I felt like a mother. It was almost laughable that I saw her as a daughter or a younger sister.

"Coming!" She said, getting her cup before running inside, minding the liquid that was moving back and forth, as if daring to spill. I put my hand on her back, rubbing it. It was a sign that she was alive. That was real. This was my reality. But if I'm being completely honest here, I wouldn't change it for the world.

A/N: Happy Monday everybody! I hope the day went well for you. How did this chapter make you feel? Don't forget to vote and comment! It really helps me out.
Also, shoutout to drewsmiles for just being an awesome person, you guys should really follow her.